Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2008, 03:28 AM   #1
bolinski
Established Member

M.O.C. #8006
black tank flush connection

How does that option work. I briefly hooked up the hose at the dump station and it did not seem like anything was happening so I stopped. Yes I had the black tank flush valve open. It did not seem like the water was going anywhere-couldn't hear anything in or around the toilet. Does it spray the inside of the black tank? I turned water off because the water was not draining through the drain outlet.

Sorry for another dumb question but I would like to use this feature properly. Any help is appreciated.

bolinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:42 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Yes it does spray inside the tank. Sounds to me like you may have some sort of blockage. Remove the access panel inside the compartment behind the convenience station and trace the flush waterline for any kinks in the line.

Good luck.

BTW-There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:28 AM   #3
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Bolinski,
If you have connected a water supply to the flusher inlet in the outside water compartment and there is no water going in you may have a stuck valve. On our first trip our 08 2955RL had this problem new from the factory.
As you described I connected the hose and there was no water going through the hose into the 5er. My first thought was what am I doing wrong. So I tried it several more times without success.
My valve was located up under the floor I think under the trash basket slide out. Yours may be located in another location. Perhaps someone with your model could chime in. These valves can be replaced. I would also think they may be unstuck also.
I pick my unit up today from the dealer and that is the first thing I will try just to see if it is fixed.
JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:06 AM   #4
bolinski
Established Member

M.O.C. #8006
Ok- just hooked it up at the house and it is working great! I guess the campground dump station didn't have enough pressure cause I couldn't hear anything there but here at the house I can clearly hear it spraying. Problem solved-I really like that feature-- seems like the spraying of the inside of the tank should really help clean it.
Thanks for your responses folks!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bolinski,
Were you using a water pressure regulator at the CG?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I had the belly plan dropped today and while down there I tracked down the black water flush. On the Big Sky 340RLQ the hose goes all the way around to the curb side of the black tank and is mounted at the the half way point in the end of the tank. It shoots the whole length of the tank and toward the dump hole. If you hook up the flush and don't hear anything after you turn it on then you may still have more than a half tank and the jet is covered. You should open the dump gate before you turn on the flush jet. The longer I run the jet the louder it gets.. Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
When I hook up the tank wash line, I connect it to the highest pressure available. In other words, I don't use a regulator on that line. My theory, the harder the spray, the better the cleaning action.

This tank wash feature is great, but it can get you into trouble if you close the black tank valve with the flush running and get distracted forgetting to open it before it over flows. Very bad scene.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #8
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Dave, when you drop that belly pan is it east to drop and reinstall? I can think of a lot of reasons I would like to look up in there. I would guess you would just realign the screw holes when reinstalling.
JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
My protocol is to drain the black before turning on the wash and then wash, closing the valve no more than 5 minutes, then opening and draining again. That is repeated until it is running clear.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:51 AM   #10
bolinski
Established Member

M.O.C. #8006
Waynem:
No I was not using using a water pressure regulator but I see where your going with that question. I like the idea of closing the tank valve for just a little while and then opening it up to drain. Seems like that would get a better flush.
The flush feature really seems to work because there was a lot more yuck that came out after I flushed the tank!!! So far everything seems to be working well on my Monty! Everything that didn't seem to work was due to user error!