Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2008, 05:38 AM   #21
kimmy99016
Established Member

M.O.C. #8228
I'm sorry, I am new to the site and I can't seem to see the replies. We are in the process of working with Bob Woodard at Lake Shore and I wondered if you purchased and how it went. Thanks so much.

Kimmy99016

kimmy99016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:40 AM   #22
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
I bought my 2004 3295rk from lakeshore rv back in June of 2003 and I could not find a better price anywhere, I never meet with any of the salesmen until I was ready to pick up my Montana I did everthing over the phone I bought mine from John Sobczak, not sure if he is there anymore but the dealer was great. Had to go back for a couple of warranty items and they repaired all but one that they could not get the trailer to leak with out taking it out on a wet road so it was a simple fix and reraired it myself. all in all I would have to give them a 9.9 out of 10. Good luck, Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:00 AM   #23
Bruce Lenhardt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5098
Send a message via ICQ to Bruce Lenhardt
I don't know anything about Lakeshore but you might try Rollin-On RV in Schererville,In. I live in the Kansas City area and just ordered my second Montana from them.. Great price and service. Don't know how far you are from them but it might be worth the trip.
Bruce Lenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:02 PM   #24
JLeach
Established Member

M.O.C. #8145
We recently purchased our first fifth wheel, a Mountaineer 305RLT from Bob Woodard at Lakeshore RV. We're planning on leaving this Sunday (3/2/08), hopefully arriving (weather permitting), on Wednesday or Thursday (3/5 or 3/6) to pick up our rig. I am also interested in hearing from anyone who has purchased from Lakeshore RV and what their experience has been.

We are planning on staying overnight at their location, possibly 2 nights, to familiarize ourselves with our new rig. I'll provide feedback on our trip when we return to Texas.

J&W
JLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #25
kimmy99016
Established Member

M.O.C. #8228
We are dealing with Bob as well and so far so good. They were $10,000 less than we could get the same rig for locally. We are supposed to pick ours up May 1st. Tell us how your trip goes! Thanks
kimmy99016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #26
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
Hi Jan....We also bought from Lakeshore RV and dealt with Bob. Go for it, you cann't go wrong. You asked what the experience was like. I can describe it in 1 word. GREAT

Bill
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #27
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Lakeshore RV in Muskegon, MI is a high volume dealer. The more they sell, the more they order from Keystone at a better price. I know they sell a lot on E-Bay. You may want to check out their E-Bay page and see what the buyers have to say. I beleive they have a 99.6% positive feedback.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #28
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
do you have a web add for them?
rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #29
grconner

M.O.C. #8191
http://www.lakeshore-rv.com/ Should work.
grconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #30
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
OR try Jim Logan at Lakeshore RV. He's been good to work with so far. Will let you know more after i do pick up.
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #31
JLeach
Established Member

M.O.C. #8145
Bill, we just picked up rig from Lakeshore and our experience was GREAT also.

Kim, we arrived at Lakeshore RV on Wednesday, March 5 and stayed overnight at one of their pads. Visited with Bob and he is very easy to work with and very accommodating! Michael was super to work with, he went through the coach from one end to the other and very patiently answered all of our questions! We decided to add a few items (slide toppers and W/D!) after we started the PDI with Michael and he had the guys start on the installations right away and they were done in a couple of hours.

I was really glad we decided on the slide toppers because it snowed at least a couple of inches Wednesday night, saved me from having to get up on the ladder and sweep it off the slides!

I would recommend staying overnight at one of their pads if you can, especially if you're first time buyers, to just get used to setting up, familiarizing yourselves with all of the features of the coach and then taking everything down to ready yourselves for travel. Speaking as first-timers ourselves, it was a little less nerve wracking knowing that Michael or Bob would be there the next morning if we had any questions or problems instead of being on the road and completely on our own the first time out.

Picking up your rig in May, you won't have to worry about adverse weather conditions, i.e., freezing rain, icy road conditions, & snow, all of which we experienced on the trip up and back! Good luck with your new rig and safe travels! Would love to stay in touch, feel free to email me.

Jan
JLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #32
dscott
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6661
I dropped off my 3400 yesterday at Lakeshore RV,just returned from FL.with a full list of problems,from cracked counter top,to a seam coming apart up front by the hitch,big emblem up front starting to peel,but Matt is taking care of these,plus many others.
dscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #33
up2nogood
Established Member

M.O.C. #8293
New member to this forumn, nice to see all the Montana owners.

In reply to this I as well talked to Montana Bob at Lakeshore a couple times about the new 3400RL,from all I could gather sounded like a great place to deal with, but after checking with a couple other dealers ended up with a better price from Walnut Ridge Family RV in New Castle IN. I bought it from 1600 miles away in Utah, I had to order what I wanted, dealt with them on phone, and can not begin to tell you what a great experience it was. I went back to Indiana this last november to pick it up , and again what great sevice once I got there. They offer the 2 nights free camping as well. They have a great rv site. There dealership sits on 66 acres. They are worth a shot. IF anyone needs anymore info. please let me know
up2nogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #34
jkmcdonald
Established Member

M.O.C. #1927
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bogeyplus

OK got the old trailer sold and bought a F-350 Diesal Dually. Now we have to get the 5th wheel so we can be ready for spring. We have decided on the Montana after looking around. The quality seems much better than some of the other brands. I came across Lakeshore RV in Meskegan MI and their prices are $5000 below any local dealer. Looks like it might be worth the 600 mile round trip. Anyone had any dealings with them?
jkmcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #35
jkmcdonald
Established Member

M.O.C. #1927
Have you thought of trying Hilltop RV in Escanaba, MI. We live in Central Michigan and traveled 5 hours for the deal that we got at Hilltop. In fact, our 2006 3400RL is the second Montana that we have had and we bought both of them at Hilltop. If you want to PM me I can give you the details and who to ask for.
jkmcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #36
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Jan, Yep we missed you by just a couple of hours the morning you left. Ours was the 3400RL parked inside. We did the PDI from this web forum, (Thank all you Members) and pulled out 6 hours later. Only minor things, like one compartment lock didn't work, blemish on trim and couple other items. They double checked the tire pressure just before we left.
Pulled to Michigan City Indiana for a couple of days and headed South with no problems. Lakeshore had the unit inside, plugged up and ready. Professional way to do it and our assigned Rep stayed with us all day.
OK gotta get back to reading the Montana Manules for Dumbys.
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote