Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
How to mount a flat screen tv???

Those of you who installed a flatscreen tv in the living room of your rig, how did you mount it? We're thinking of taking the plunge one of these days but looking at the tv box, wow, how do you get behind the tv to install the mount and then attach the tv?

Thanks.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Steve, see my thread on installing a 32" LCD HDTV a few lines down....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
bigbob7777
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3701
Send a message via AIM to bigbob7777
Are you talking about a flat screen, or an LCD/Plasma? I put in a 32" LCD using a mounting bracket (heavy duty) attached to bracing that I put in. When I travel, I take the TV upstairs to the bed. I don't want to move and then find the TV broken on the floor.

Good thing about the LCD's is they don't weigh nearly as much as tube tv's.

bob
bigbob7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Check out Bill and Helen's (Adelmoll's) Blog. They just installed one. Click on Jan. 30 and they have pictures showing how Bill installed it. It looks really nice and they have storage behind it.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Steve, we did a 32" LCD Samsung 1080I in our 3400RL, posted pictures of it some time ago, I'm on a borrowed pc and don't have my link to the pic's with me, can post them when we get back to Houston, we are in Dallas for our son's wedding. "If" and when I finish we will have storage behind the TV. The beauty of the mount is I don't have to take it down to travel. Be wary of traveling with a TV on a vesa mount, most are not braced for bouncing down the road on the mount. Only one brand that I know of is certified for that use and it's a crappy TV picture wise.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:07 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
My 3400RL came with a flat panel HD tv. Where the desk is there is a slide out drawer to store "VHS" tapes (Who uses them now-a-days!) Remove the drawer and you have access to the back area of the TV. Ours is on a sliding catch that so far has worked. I have had the TV out 3 times for hooking up wires and leads. The TV is a Viewsonic. Although the dealer said that ours was a 2008 3400RL, the manufacturer plate says May 2007.

The Viewsonic has a very good picture. You may want to look into contacting a dealer and asking about hardware and TV through them. IMHO
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Steve,

Get with Helen! Bill just installed a 32" LCD in their 3475 and it turned out amazing.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:46 PM   #8
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
I Built a wooden Frame that fit to all four corners of the TV Cabinet
& then bolted a clear pc of KD fir 2X4 to the frame and mounted the TV Bracket to that.......Strong like Bull. TV flips out easy to play with any of the wires & stuff.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:53 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Excellent info here. Thanks much. Bigbob7777, LCD HDTV is what we're thinking. I will save all of this as it will probably be about a month before we're in a place with close enough stores that we'll be ready to do this. Bill/Helen did email me and I downloaded their pictures and info. And I'll save this page, as well.

JH Sechelt, any problems with movement during transit? Do you strap it in place or otherwise keep it from moving? I do like the idea of being able to have the ancillary equipment in the same storage area, freeing up the upper shelf for storage. I also like Bill's sliding shelf.

Phil, before creating this thread I did a search but failed to find much. I'll look again to see if I can find your thread. OK, I just found it by putting in your userid as well as hdtv. Will check it out in a few minutes. Thanks.

JimF, I cannot find your thread with the search function.

WayneM, they must have changed the 3400 a bit since ours was built. We don't have a drawer at the tv level. The data plate is the date of manufacture. The 2008 is the model year, which begins somewhere around June/July.

Thanks for some great ideas!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote