Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2015, 09:34 AM   #21
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Don't want to start a fight and then maybe I do. Don't understand as a former LEO why we don't take certain simple steps to make this stuff harder. Why do we sell body armor to civilians? Are the deer getting meaner?

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:49 AM   #22
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Don't want to start a fight and then maybe I do. Don't understand as a former LEO why we don't take certain simple steps to make this stuff harder. Why do we sell body armor to civilians? Are the deer getting meaner?
Dick, I think they reported wrong, no body armor, load bearing harnesses.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #23
halfwright
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12992
Dick,

It is not the deer. It is because of the right to arm bears.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:24 AM   #24
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I think we need a national discussion about this. What got us in this mess and what will get us out. We here it's a mental health problem. What should we do lock everybody up that might have a problem and how do you know. We here we need to register all guns. Registered guns will kill people too and I don't think street thugs are going to be lined up to register their guns. And we have to get rid of these 30 round clips. That is easy to get around take 2 15 round clips and tape or weld them together after you cut the top off of one and the bottom of the other.
I just think we need to all come together put our heads together and find what will work and be done with the knee jerk solutions that will do nothing to solve this national problem.
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:51 PM   #25
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
I am with Ozz....100%

I chose not be a helpless victim....

Old 12-06-2015, 01:17 PM   #26
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I agree to. The president of Liberty University here in Virginia today ask his students to carry a hand gun.
Lynwood
Old 12-07-2015, 02:22 AM   #27
levi
Established Member

M.O.C. #14689
I do believe that the issue is complex and multifaceted. I also would suppose that any action taken by anyone has multiple motivations. One question might be to ask, "what, primarily, finally convinced these shooters to pull the trigger?"
levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:43 AM   #28
Bill and Jan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12932
Sheriff Joe has asked its citizens to carry their weapons.
Bill and Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:04 AM   #29
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I often wonder when one of these terrible things happen ' what if someone had a hand gun pulled it out and stopped it. I don't know that we would wont to go back to the Wild West days. On the other hand that may not be so bad.
Lynwood
Old 12-07-2015, 03:35 AM   #30
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Pull out a gun and stop a terrorist. The US D O J would have you in jail for infringing on their right of free expression. Just saying is all. But I live in AZ and everybody knows we all carry guns. Thank you Sheriff Joe.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:12 AM   #31
Shooterdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8905
Here in Arizona Sheriif Joe is encouraging all residents with conceal permits to carry them , not only carry them but be at the ready to use them! All of the Political correctness has come back to bite the hands that feed them . We as a society need to know when enough is enough .

We the People need to take back our Country and resend some of the Foolish consessions we have made for our foriegn refugees and close our borders .Our country is in way worse shape then most will ever recognize and Washington along with the liberal media are not doing anything but making it worse .

I feel that just as bad as this act of terrorism , is the Domestic terrorism that we as Americans put up with everyday ,ie a failed health care plan , giving welfare benifits to people that have the ability to work , not screening these recipiants with a Drug test before allowing them these benifits, and the list goes on . Police are being governed to the point where they are afraid to do there jobs for fear of violating someones rights, or being sued civily.

Go to any other Country and see how many make consessions for you because your an American and you will find that you either visit there Country and obide there laws or get out !

Sorry gang but civil unrest is getting closer and closer to a reality , and not until then will we get change .

Shooterdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:48 AM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The meaning of the 2nd amendment and the "Militia" is a very complex issue. It is of interest to do some homework on the subject. It is not as clear and concise as we think. Example and there are many........ "http://www.barefootsworld.net/article2.html
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:59 AM   #33
Dmcgrew
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13564
I was walking through the local mall today and as I was watching some of the individuals cruising down the hallway I began to get scared of some of these people carrying guns. They scare me more than the terrorists. Dont wish or ask for something you dont really want. I think that any educator who asks for students to carry guns should be evaluated for their qualifications to be in that position. I know what testostrone of a 19 year old male can be like on any saturday night with a beer or two on board.

I worked 25 years as a firefighter, I own guns, and have seen what happens in the real world when people who should not carry guns do stupid things. Not sure what the answer is but sure dont think advocating more guns is the answer either.
Dmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:22 AM   #34
levi
Established Member

M.O.C. #14689
Shooterdad, our nation's healthcare system is large and cumbersome, to be sure. I wouldn't compare the lack of results in a large and cumbersome system with the intentional evil perpetrated by radical fundamentalists against the citizens of our own country. These men and women are wicked, driven toward the death and destruction of a Judeo-Christian heritage, such as is ours. They do not intend to stop, so they must be stopped. I thank God for our military.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #35
Happycamperscolorado
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15881
i would rather have my weapon and not need it ; then to not have it and need it. i blame our politicians for a lot of these issues when it comes to guns and violence etc......... whatever happened to life in prison then paroled after 10 years. Terrorism is here for a long long time as i see it. we live in a pretty screwed up time but it did not use to be that way.
Happycamperscolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:08 AM   #36
Shooterdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8905
Levi you are correct in that what happened last week in San Bernadino was much worse than some of the things i described, nor should i have compared the two .Just frustrating to see all of the injustice that occurs everyday . Taking Christ out of Christmas , employers that have to allow Muslims time to pray several times a day because of there right to religious freedom and the list goes on

Are all Muslims bad people? i think not , however we should not allow anyone to go to and from these war torn countries given some of the vile acts against humanity we have suffered . Until such a time that we take back control of our country these types of things will continue to occur and i fear that they will occur with greater frequency.
Shooterdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:22 AM   #37
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
How is this for some news?!:

Quoted from a CNN article.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/us/san...ing/index.html

Farook was "fixated" on Israel and supported ISIS' ideology of establishing an Islamic caliphate, his father told an Italian newspaper.

Before the shooting, the younger Farook had expressed some troubling beliefs, his father told La Stampa newspaper.

"He said he shared the ideology of (Abu Bakr) al-Baghdadi to create an Islamic state, and he was fixated on Israel," the elder Farook said, referring to the ISIS leader.

The father, also named Syed Farook, recalled the first time he saw his son with a gun.

"I became angry. In 45 years in the United States, I yelled, 'I have never had a weapon.' He shrugged his shoulders and replied, 'Your loss,' " the father said.

"I cannot forgive myself. Maybe if I had been at home, I would have found out and stopped him," he told the newspaper.

Well, Daddy, ....how come you didn't report these disturbing facts to the authorities?!?!?! Failure to do so is the biggest obstacle to being able to stop this kind of "sleeper cell/lone wolf" terrorism. Your silence is what is unforgivable!!!

In my opinion, anyone that has this kind of information, and fails to report it, is just as much responsible for the resulting carnage as the guy who pulled the trigger.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:23 AM   #38
levi
Established Member

M.O.C. #14689
Shooterdad, 10-4! In Auburn, Maine, Edward Little High School accommodated Muslim students with a prayer room inside their building, but would not allow Christians to pray out loud before classes started (like they used to).
Old 12-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #39
levi
Established Member

M.O.C. #14689
Overlord, I remember that someone, somewhere, said something like, "...the single thing required for evil men to succeed is for good men to do nothing."
Old 12-07-2015, 12:05 PM   #40
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
I can see both sides of the gun control issue. With 34 years in LE, plus the military before that, I basically carried a gun at work from the age of 17 to 56. It would be impossible for me to figure all my firearms training hours, but I am guessing between 2,000 and 4,000 hours, not counting several years of competitive shooting. I can tell you that I conceal carry (allowed by Federal regulations) about 90% of the time. At the retired age of 63 I am still required to qualify each year if I want to continue to conceal carry.

Many of my fellow retired LEO's conceal carry and I would trust them to take effective action to save the life of a citizen. But in recent years I have had non-law enforcement friends get concealed carry permits and haul around their firearms. Some of them shoot on a regular basis and take it seriously, but have they ever been involved in a high stressful tactical situation? Have they ever pulled their gun on someone who is shooting back? I also know a couple folks that got their concealed carry and even strut around their house with a handgun on. These folks never shoot or clean their weapon and I am very nervous around them knowing that they are actually armed now.

I guess what I am saying is that I think we all should have the fundamental right to bear arms, but there has to be limitations. Because we don't want the Wild West out there on our streets with neighbors settlings an argument with a pistol.

Chicago has turned into the murder capital of the U.S. in recent years. Illinois has the most restrictive gun laws in the nation plus they were the last state to approve any type of conceal carry. All the laws certainly never stopped the gun violence in Chicago and probably never will.

Okay, climbing down off my box now.