Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #1
Corste

M.O.C. #23586
De wintering

We are new to Rving just recently purchased a Montana 20th anniversary 3791rd had it delivered to Ky as we will be using it mainly when we go visit the kids so pretty much we will not be towing any. My question is since we had to have it delivered winterized due to the weather we are planning on coming into Ky in a couple of weeks & will need to de-winterize for the first time. Can someone give me advice or step by step of how De-winterize & what do I need to do to residential refrigerator especially the ice maker. Any help or advice will help,

Corste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:43 PM   #2
TennTom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22087
Just run the water through the system. You'll need to open the drain lines to the ice maker first and when it stops draining, which won't take long, turn on the water and when it comes out of the drain clear close it. You'll have to make a few pink slush cubes but wont take long to clear it out. If you have a washer you will have to run a cycle to clear it out.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:50 AM   #3
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Congratulations on your new rig!

First thing you need to check is the HW heater, make sure the annode is installed. I always remove mine to drain the HW heater prior to winterizing. then you need to switch the water heater bypass valve back to "Normal" from "Bypass". hook up the city water fill connection and open the furthest hot water faucet and turn you water supply on. It will blow air for quite a while before the HW tank fills. once water starts to flow, go to each faucet and turn on until all air is out and you get even flow. Shut all valves and your good. Now you can fill your onboard FW tank and use the pump. Trying to dewinterize from the FW tank and pump takes a lot longer than a city water connection.

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:27 AM   #4
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
Also open your low point drains after you have finished flushing everything out. There always seems to be little bit of antifreeze left in those lines.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #5
jpwhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23248
Hi, On a related subject, I need to de-winterize a new 3120rl. The owners manual mentions sanitizing the water system before first use (which would be now).
Is this something that is really necessary for a new trailer? What have others done?
If so, I am assuming to do that at the start of the antifreeze flush out process, and then follow up with fresh water?
Thanks
jpwhite is offline   Reply With Quote