Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2007, 02:11 AM   #1
William Schelling
Established Member

M.O.C. #6701
DVD Player won't play a dvd

On my '07 3650rk (new) the dvd player won't start a dvd. I took the same dvd disc and put it in my home and it works.

Any ideas other than a hammer?

William Schelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:42 AM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Is it a home-burnt DVD or over the counter DVD? Some of the lower end DVD players won't recognise all DVD formats ... DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW depending on what format you burn it as. You might try a cleaner disk inserted in the DVD player or clean the disk surface itself. Try another store bought or rental, if it still doesn't play, I'd say you need a replacement.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:47 AM   #3
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Those units remind me of the flashlights Keystone uses. Our system was bad when we took delivery and the dealer ordered a new one. In the meantime, I had put a Sony A/V system in with a stand along DVD player (yet to use it). I put the new system from Keystone in my storage barn, and will install it when I decide to sell or trade the RV. I would think with the 07 Montana, the DVD player would be under warranty. If not, the hammer sounds like an excellent idea!
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:59 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have experienced DVD's burnt in other formats that will not play in tne 3400 DVD..We have the same problem with the DVd player in one of our P.C's as well as the one in the house.Try some othet DVD's before you take a hammer to it. After Helen read the book on the quest system we have had no problems and it works exactly as advertised..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
If you are getting this on all your DVD's, check the Country/Region Configuration Setup on the Quest player. Have you ever been able to play DVD's. It may never have been setup from the factory for the US Region. Just a guess!

Good Luck!

EagleRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:23 AM   #6
William Schelling
Established Member

M.O.C. #6701
Thanks for the info.
I have not tried the country setup. I don't know how to do that. or even that it exists.
I have tried new dvds, old ones, and the only thing that worked was the keystone dvd that came with the all the paper work. When I put that one in, it worked perfectly. The others that I tried worked after I made it go in and out 4,5, 6, or seven times. I don't think I should have to do that. I never had that problem on any of the other players I have had.

I think the hammer is on the way.......ha ha
William Schelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #7
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
I removed the Quest unit after 5-6 trips. The Toshiba television remote conflicted with it. Montana sent me a new Toshiba remote. Of course that didn't fix anything. You change the volume on the television and the DVD would skip chapters. I pulled it all out and put a nice system in with 5 new two way surround speakers and a powered sub woofer with nice separate DVD/CD player. Works great. Quest for sale cheap!
kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #8
NALong007

M.O.C. #6967
I have had nothing but problems with the Quest unit in our 07 3475RL. Original unit was a QR-3000 -- it started out OK but then just died. The FIRST replacement unit was a QR-4000, supposedly an upgrade. It didn't die but it was totally unpredictable when it came to playing Dvds. I got another replacement from Quest, but it has the same problem. On some days it might play a particular disk, and on another day it keeps telling me that same disk which was OK yesterday is now a bad disk.

Every other feature works fine there's something tempermental about Dvds.

It looks like replacement with a reputable brand is in order, naturally out of my pocketbook.
NALong007 is offline   Reply With Quote