Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #41
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
OK Jay, it's been a few months, so I'm curious which choice you made.

My mother-in-law wanted the built in, but hated the hose, so they ended up with a eureka stick vac and prefer that. (on edit: they did get the central vac first, then hated the hose) I, being the good son-in-law, bought the DW a stick vac too, but Electrolux ergorapido. We tried it in the house and she loved it on the hardwood and low pile carpets. Thought it did a better job than our Oreck. Shorter battery life than I would like, but good for a quick cleaning.

Now the problem is whether to go with the same Electrolux for the trailer, or go with the "bomb".

What did you choose?

P.S. even though we are just camping at this point, we take our two long hair, indoor only, white and brown Persian cats with us. Let me tell you, we know all about hair problems!

MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #42
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
I have used my built in one time. It didn't come with the beater head and I didn't feel like it did a very good job. Was fine for the bare floor, but not carpet. I already had a Shark Navigator that I used in my TT, so that is what I use in the fiver. My central vac attachments and hose are stored under the bed. If we ever sell this Montana, someone will get a brand new vacuum.
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #43
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
We like the built-in but have a small handheld as a quick vac. Personal choice on this topic imho.
jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:32 AM   #44
Carried Away
Established Member

M.O.C. #20782
We have the central Vacuum system like so many others...and I kind of disappointed with the suction and tools. When we were looking at other new RV's last year, I noticed that some were just providing units with a Dyson portable, now I know why. So a month ago, I finally broke down and got a Dyson Animal Stick model....and I am very pleased. It can get into the corners easier, has much more suction and I don't have to mess with that hose.
Carried Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:33 PM   #45
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Costco regularly has a pricing special on them as well. We went that route and haven't touched the central vac since. Much more convenient and works better.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:15 PM   #46
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
I had Dust Devil central vac system in my previous SOB. Like many here I finally gave up on it and dragged my full size Dyson Ball from home. It's amazing how much the Dyson picked up after using the central system. About all the central vac is good for is around the edges and "in a pinch" pickup jobs. It's also good for cleaning the basement storage area as it has a hookup inside. The bulky hose is not convenient when going from room to room through doors with one central hookup. As mentioned above, Costco has good deals from time to time on the Dyson and Sharp rechargeable models. Sharp is giving Dyson a run for the money and are much cheaper.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:25 PM   #47
cpaulsen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18275
Dyson V6 here.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote