Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
HFT Coupon 25% Off

Not sure where to put this, but thought some of you might enjoy 25% off your next purchase at Harbor Freight Tools. I was searching for coupons on the net and ran across this. It's good till the end of Nov. 30th. http://www.harborfreight.com/affilia...pons&hftref=cj

Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
cargary2
Established Member

M.O.C. #13392
Thanks for sharing this information. I don't usually shop at Harbor Freight, but in the flier your link has, I noticed something I have been looking for (moving blankets). So this discount may help me out.
THanks again.
cargary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks! Never can turn down a deal on tools.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
HF has been on an advertising blitz for months now. I have been seeing their ads and coupons everywhere including the Sunday paper, Readers Digest, Texas Highways Magazine, Texas Parks and Wildlife magazine, local electric coop monthly magazine, etc. If I used them all I could have a box full of free flashlights, VOM meters, gloves, and other freebies.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I need to make a trip there anyway. One of the things that I never thought about, is the screw type between the tire chocks are not recommended for use with a Level Up System. Harbor Freight has some nice on-the-ground triangular rubber chocks on sale for $7.99 each that have been recommended. Will be stopping by there this weekend to purchase a pair! Thanks for the post that reminded me!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #6
jhudson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13711
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

I need to make a trip there anyway. One of the things that I never thought about, is the screw type between the tire chocks are not recommended for use with a Level Up System. Harbor Freight has some nice on-the-ground triangular rubber chocks on sale for $7.99 each that have been recommended. Will be stopping by there this weekend to purchase a pair! Thanks for the post that reminded me!
Bingo
Hi Bingo,

Do you know why the screw type tire chocks are not recommended for use with the Level Up System? I have always used them in the past with my SOB, but now with the Montana cannot use them or should not use them?

Jay
jhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
What I was told is when any of the weight is lifted off of the axles, it affects the spacing between the tires themselves and the chocks loosen. They should not be tightened further when this happens, since when the rig sits back down, it has the potential to cause damage to the suspension, chocks and/or axles. I don't know this for a fact, but I, personally do not want to take any chances, so I will switch to the triangular ground chocks before engaging the level up system.
Bingo
Old 11-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
jhudson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13711
Thanks Bingo,

That makes sense to me now, and why I was able to use on my other unit.

Jay
jhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I gotta go to one of these stores... I found out there's one very close by (less than a two miles away. I'm reminded of this since my nephew just got a job there out where he lives while he goes to college and I know I'll find something I want to buy in there. Seems like every corner I turn in the past 3 months their name keeps coming up. Like the sirens calling me to danger heh-heh.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Made my stop this evening on the way home from work as spent a grand total of a little more than $20. Two rubber ground type wheel chocks and a package of 20 velcro hook and loop straps in the event we need them for strapping cabinet doors closed for travel. I will try Jolu's fix tomorrow trying to spread the male end of the latches to see if that helps as well. (I did print out the 25% coupon and saved a total of $2 on one of the chocks). Oh well, that will give us an extra half-gallon of diesel!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:37 AM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Went to HFT... it's very new... they are having a Grand Opening Thanksgiving weekend. First time I've ever been to one. It was big, bright and had the coolest stuff all in one building. It was FUN, even DW liked it - she bought me some gloves and a headlight. Now I get to work at night, too.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote