Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2014, 07:02 AM   #1
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Attention 3625 (and others) Owners!

On a recent trip, we had the misfortune of hitting some pretty bad roads. Well, to be honest, anywhere in Michigan has pretty bad roads, but I digress. It was on one of these pothole filled highways that our computer chair / ladder became dislodged. Unknown to us, when I opened the slides from the other side of the trailer with the remote, the chair was wedged between the inside wall of the Montana and the wood frame around the slide out. Of course the hydraulic system didn't care, and proceeded to remove the trim and the wood beneath it.

Fortunately, neither the chair nor the wall was hurt, and 20 minutes with an electric drill and wood block to hammer against restored most of the damage. The only real casualty was the carpet, which was torn straight across. I'm hoping my carpet sewing skills and heat tape will fix that.... for the most part.

So, henceforth, the computer chair will be bungeed to the desk to prevent movement of any kind.

You have been warned!!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote