Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2018, 03:09 PM   #1
Troutn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21573
Residential RV Refrigerator

I have owned two previous campers, but neither were a residential fridge. They both sealed extremely well. With my current Samsung residential, it has come open a few times. The island is very close to the fridge, so there is not much separation there to allow for the unit to open. However, it does crack open and loses some cooler air and then things come tumbling out of it upon moving the slides out at our destination. It does not happen all of the time, but just more times than I ever remembered before in our 20 years of rv'ing.

I have since ordered some bars to keep the contents in place during the trek to the camp site.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Rick and Jeanne
2013 F350 6.7 CC LB SRW
2018.5 Montana 3791RD
Troutn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Knob to secure your refer & freezer door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutn View Post
I have owned two previous campers, but neither were a residential fridge. They both sealed extremely well. With my current Samsung residential, it has come open a few times. The island is very close to the fridge, so there is not much separation there to allow for the unit to open. However, it does crack open and loses some cooler air and then things come tumbling out of it upon moving the slides out at our destination. It does not happen all of the time, but just more times than I ever remembered before in our 20 years of rv'ing.

I have since ordered some bars to keep the contents in place during the trek to the camp site.

Anyone else have similar issues?
Dear Troutn,
Your refrigerator should have come with a large black knob that has a threaded rod/bolt on the end. This secures both refer doors and freezer door. This is supplied by the factory. If you don't have this knob, please send me a PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
Troutn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21573
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootana View Post
Dear Troutn,
Your refrigerator should have come with a large black knob that has a threaded rod/bolt on the end. This secures both refer doors and freezer door. This is supplied by the factory. If you don't have this knob, please send me a PM.
Aha, that is what that is for as it was not explained during our PDI.

Thanks!

Rick and Jeanne
2013 F350 6.7 CC LB SRW
2018.5 Montana 3791RD
Troutn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:04 PM   #4
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
The large plastic knob can at times just barely cover all 3 of the trio doors. I added a large (1/4"x2") piece of plastic to the bolt as a washer. Solved issue.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #5
footz1941
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21057
Refer doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
The large plastic knob can at times just barely cover all 3 of the trio doors. I added a large (1/4"x2") piece of plastic to the bolt as a washer. Solved issue.
I bought a 3/8” fender washer and contact cemented a piece of leather to make a larger surface to cover all 3 doors better
Rex and Patsy
footz1941 is offline   Reply With Quote