Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Workamping
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
chd20go
Established Member

M.O.C. #10826
Workamping

This is really not a bad gig but like your real job you must do your homework. An owner or a manager is just like your boss in a real job, if he or they are good, then your job will be the same. Be specific in what your job entails, preferably in writing, if you don't you might be doing jobs you do not like or never agreed to. I think the worst part is there is always one couple or person who thinks they are in charge and if you are timid or shy by not standing up for your rights they can make it very difficult. It to me is a great way to see the USA and make a little extra cash. Research is the key and that is up to you!

chd20go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Great insight and advise. I would add, if you can afford it, find a place you really want to be, doing something you would like to do anyway. That's what led us to our current gig and we couldn't be happier.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:51 AM   #3
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
Well said.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Well said on both posts. Like DQDick said thats what led us also to our current location and situation at the campground. We really miss all our Friends that were there every Saturday, however Saturday the 15th we have a gig at the Steak House, a mile from the campground and most of our jam Friends have already said they would be there. Happy Trails, Steve
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
chd20go
Established Member

M.O.C. #10826
Both comments very true and if you retired from a job after 40 years like I did work is still needed but a break is even more needed on a regular basis and that's why we are going to take an east coast 6 month stint in April and end back in Texas for a short work schedule again. We have made friends from all parts of this USA and that always outweighs the bad!
chd20go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
I found that after I retired and didn't need a job, I was more tolerant of supervisors that I worked for.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We really grabbed the brass ring with our very first workamping job. Right after we joined Workamper news we found one of their preferred employers and we love it. The Clark County Shooting Complex here in Las Vegas is outstanding. We work 2 days a week and are off 5. 15 hrs each is all that is required. It is a bit windy today but usually is between 70 during the day and 45 at night. The view is great and there is so much to do on the off days. The work day is from 0600 to 1400 (6am to 2 pm). At the moment we are sorting brass, separating brass from steel and aluminum cases. We would love to come back here next year too. Most of the folks here are returning folks. This is a very popular spot. Workamper News has many great employers, and if you apply for one of their jobs just talk to the employer and ask questions. As long as you get the straight information as to what is expected you should be good to go, and YES do stand up for yourself.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote