Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #61
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Hi everyone-I'm sure that Dave has filled you all in on what is happening with the chocolate lab and I have been sick with a wicked flu bug. If you are around with anyone with a cough of laryngitis, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been living off of toast, water, flat Sprite (yum) and jello. I haven't even been able to enjoy my beloved my cup of coffee in the morning (tummy doesn't like caffeine). I advanced to rice tonight. We'll see what tomorrow brings as far as feeling better and Murph.
Betsy

labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:57 AM   #62
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Murph is comfortable today but that's about all. We can't get her into the ortho vet until tomorrow (Tuesday). She hasn't eaten this morning, but did go out and go poddy this morning. Now, she is knocked out on the couch with meds.
I still don't feel good and today am nauseous. I'm not kidding, wear a mask around anybody that might have this stuff.
Will keep you posted.
Betsy
Old 04-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #63
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Betsy,

When it rains, it pours doesn't it!? I hope you are feeling better soon (you lost me at the Jello portion of the diet...yuck)!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:31 PM   #64
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
That flu is nasty. Our kids live next door with their 5 kids and everyone had the flu. We did not go near them for 2 weeks. Thankfully they are all better now.

toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:31 AM   #65
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
ewwwwwwww, the bug has made it's way onto the forum. Sorry you gals are sick (and the critters too). I've been sneezing and sniffling but I don't know if it's a cold or allergies. We leased a new car last week and it wasn't in the driveway
for more than a couple hours and was covered with pollen. Whatever it is.. the netty pot is doing a great job of keeping it under control. Everyone get better... QUICK!
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #66
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Hi everybody-We are in Vicksburg, Mississippi. We will be here for a few days, so Dave set the dish up. I never realized how much I would miss the internet. There is so much to do here. We will do the battlefield crawl tomorrow. There is tons of other stuff to do here so we may be here longer than two days. I will just see what happens. I am anxious to get to Southern Wisconsin and then home and yet, I want to see as much as I can here. And, we are staying in Springfield, Illinois and I want to stay there for a couple of days too.
I will keep you posted as we do the historical thing. My favorite thing.
Of, by the way, it is beautiful here. We got some great pictures.
Betsy
Old 05-19-2008, 04:49 AM   #67
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Hi everyone-almost home!!!!!!!!!!! And, it s blessedly cool here. After the heat and the humidity of the south, this is wonderful. We turned the fireplace on last night. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
The other bug, big plus of being home is that we have a dog door. No more having to put the dogs on leashes and have them pulling me two ways trying to sniff two different places. Or having to get dresses to do so. My hair is shorter than in the picture so when I get up, it looks like I stuck my fingers in a light socket. And, I kind of feel stupid going out without doing something with it.
Anyway, we will be home on Thursday. We will have to get our mattress back into the house and our chairs and Dave will have to reconnect the dish so we can do emails. But, HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sidenote: Murph is doing pretty well. The shots seem to work, unless it is going to rain and any of us with arthritis can understand. Those days are med days for her as well. But I am so grateful that we didn't have to put her down. I know it is coming but it is not here yet.
Take care,
Betsy
Old 05-19-2008, 04:55 AM   #68
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Sorry forgot to add that I had Dave show me how to empty tanks. Not a big thing but at least I know how to do it. Last year when we were on the road, one of our friends had to call Dave as she was taking a shower and her husband had taken off. The shower was filling up and she didn't know how to drain the tank. That has stuck with me and I don't want to be in that position. So, one little thing and hopefully soon, another small thing and I will be able to do just about everything Dave does on the rig.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:01 AM   #69
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Enjoy being home. And that is good news on Murph!!

And, isn't that pulling the dump stuff rather simple?? Not that we HAVE to do it, but, just knowing HOW is a bit of peace of mind.

Enjoy the cooler weather, I am in lower Michigan, almost to the Ohio line, and I think the cold weather got one of my plants last night, even tho it was covered. grrrrrrrrr And, I think I am gonna have to put on my earmuffs to work in the yard, all that collllddddd, northern wind. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:24 AM   #70
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Oh goody! Everyone is getting better. As for the weather... if you think about it... this weather is more typical of what we used to see in April.... not May (April showers/May flowers). The flowers are on time but the rest is about 6 weeks late. Of course this means that we'll probably melt at the fall rally. Thank goodness for air conditioners.

Betsy... welcome to the family of "I know how to do the dump thing". It is very comforting to know that we can do things, in case we have to. Since none of our gauges work ... I usually go out and dump the galley every morning... whether I think it needs it or not... and always dump the gray right before I take a shower. I've had the water come up in the drain once, on both tanks, and that was once too many.
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote