Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
Shakedown weekend completed

Just returned from our initial shakedown with then new Montana. Went to Lampassas for a Good Sam Club rally. During our stay we continued to check out the trailer and use the various systems on the rig. Only found a few minor problems. One irritant is the placement of the CO detector above the bed. The system periodically flashes (I guess to show that it is working). It is placed in such a way that when it flashes, it shines directly in the vanity mirror which then reflects the flashing back to the bed.

Trailer pulled extremely well and the gas mileage was above what I expected for the heavier rig. Also checked the relation of the truck cab to the trailer when turning. As mentioned in other threads it appears will have to use the slider hitch a little more frequently than with our former trailer.

Next outing in one week to take part in a habitat for humanity build. Another good test of the rig.

msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Mark, Glad to hear your "Shakedown Trip" went fairly well. I am still waiting to take mine. No CG's open yet in Alaska, at least not in my part....

BTW- What unit do you have????
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
Sorry about that. We have the 3475RL. Updated the profile to reflect the unit and TV.
msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote