Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Glenn

I only knew him in the context of the MOC. I knew him as an advocate of full timing and he encouraged those who were interested. He was an advocate of the Montana line of RVs. His strongest advocacy was for the MOC. He and Steve Reigle kept the club from meeting an early death with their encouragement and wise answers to RVing questions.

I only met him twice. First at Branson and then when he was Wagon Master for the Goshen rally. At that time I was new to RVing and new to the MOC. In both cases, he was very helpful and gave me important information.

Now Glenn has gone before us to where we all must go. Some of us fear it immensely and some of us even look forward to the great adventure on the other side. Either way we will go. His passing jars us into recognition of that reality. He will be missed.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I was honored to have met him. I met him at the Gettysburg Rally in the spring of 2008. He not only helped me with things concerning the Montana and the Montana web site but he helped me as we discussed building web pages. It won’t be the same not being able to see him at the Rallies again.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I never met Glenn but we communicated via the forum. His wise words were very helpful to me.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:16 AM   #4
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
I met Glenn at Black Lake in NY. One summer we had a bad storm and i got water in my gas. I thought our vac. was done. Glenn pointed me in the right direction for help, he also offered to help in any way, if I needed it. He really didn't even know me but offered any help he could. Our vac. turn out great!

Thanks again Glenn
RIP
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:02 AM   #5
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Stiles, You have said it all so well. Glenn will be missed that's for sure. It is also a reminder of our own mortality. We will all miss him, but we won't forget him.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:17 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Glenn will indeed be missed but certainly not forgotten by ourselves or the MOC family. Even though Maureen & I have never met Glenn personally we will always remember him just like the many people who have been a part of our lives through personal and daily contact. The power of this forum through the internet and Glenn's large as life presence here makes him feel to us like one of those people even though once again, we have never met!

We tip our hats to you Glenn, it's been a pleasure, RIP!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:22 AM   #7
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Dave and I met Glenn and Lorraine when we invited them to our campsite at Fort DeSoto Park in St. Pete. They always wintered in Clearwater and we live about 30 minutes away from St. Pete. He was such a knowledgeable guy about the Montana's and fulltiming. He was gracious enough to come and give us advice and answer a million questions I had. When he discovered the bladder cancer they had to return to Clearwater so he could be treated at Bay Pines VA Hospital in St Pete. We tried to find a time to visit with each other, but sadly it never happened before he became so ill. We will really miss him personally and on the MOC. Rest in peace my friend.
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:21 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have known Glenn&Lorraine back to 2005 when we joined the forum. Since then 4 Fall rallies, and a couple of Regional rallies, Tampa Rv show get togethers that he organized and Florida luncheons. If you never crossed swords with Glenn well you didn't try and you rarely won. He told it like it was and nearly always right. To say that Glenn was larger than life is a understatement. The N.E Rally in Gettysburg was a example of Glenn's involvement as he and his brother treated us to a Gettysburg experience that will not be forgotten. Met him or not we have all lost a great friend and the MOC and Keystone a huge supporter. The garage sales at the fall rally will not be the same as as Glenn would come over to our camper and buy more of my stuff than he sold all week then give me hell for doing it. See you on the road Glenn.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Thanks Rich. I dont think anybody could have said it better. I have met Glenn and he was "Good People". He will be missed here.
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #10
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
I met Glenn in 2004 and has stayed in touch until his final days. Glenn will truly be missed........
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #11
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Glenn was perhaps the first MOC member we met in real life back in 2004. We had just had our new 3400 for a month when we parked in back of Glenn at the first MOC rally in Goshen. We had the privledge last year of having our picture taken with he and Lorraine and the other small group of members that made all six rallies. Glenn was always there to answer questions and was especially knowledgeable about tires, full timing and Montanas. I believe anyone that met Glenn will not forget him. He will be missed greatly. As Stiles mentioned, we all face the same day. Only the Lord knows the date.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We had the pleasure of meeting Glenn and Lorraine several times, all at rallies. At the very first MOC rally at Pla-Mor back in 2004, I'd look out the window at 7 a.m. and there was Glenn, slowly strolling the lane, looking for someone to chat with. Sometimes I'd step outside to chat with him and usually the first words out of his mouth were something like "Hey Steve, when ya gonna buy a real truck?" And I'd reply something about "I did, ya need me to tow yours to the shop for ya?" We were always chiding each other with good nature. You are missed, big guy.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #13
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Don and I met Glen and Lorraine in 2005 or 6. The first Goshen MOC rally we attended. After this, have attended another MOC Goshen rally and the first Branson MOC get-together, with Glen in attendence at all.

I am glad we spent time with them before the 2009 MOC rally in Goshen. We were still there after our S.O.B. rally in Goshen. Glen and Lorraine were early for the MOC rally so we had lots of time with them.
I have also bought things from his yard sales.
He will be missed.
Taken in Goshen 2009

The 2005 or 2006 MOC rally
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:50 AM   #14
jjparker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6196
Send a message via AIM to jjparker Send a message via MSN to jjparker Send a message via Yahoo to jjparker
I met Glenn at the 2006 Fall rally three weeks after we got our first Monty. He was so helpful then and over the years. He is missed already.

Our deepest condolences.

Jerry and Penny
jjparker is offline   Reply With Quote