Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
Adapter Hose for Barbecue

My wife and I just completed our first mini vacation and it is always completed with a trip to CW. One issue we have been having is our outside grill. We currently use a George Forman outside electric grill. It is bulky and very hard to clean. I have my eye on a propane grill like the grills they sell at CW as well as Cabelas. Here is my question:

The grills come with either a propane bottle or an adapter to screw onto a 5 gallon tank. Our Mountaineer has the outside cook station and there is a quick connect for the propane to hook into the stove. I have looked and cannot locate anything that would work as far as I know to be able to hook into the propane via quick connect and then the barbecue unit. This would be very convenient for us. Anyone have any ideas or know where I can get a hose set up to make this work. I dream of hot summer nights making neighbors jealous with the smell of grilling steaks! Oh God I'm getting hungry...

sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
This might be what you are looking for: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...atchallpartial. Kind of a long link. You might also check out Home Depot or Lowes for propane connectors/connections.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
2 Sinks
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6341

Hello Sfretts,

I think this is what you're after...It's called Extend A Flow by Marshall Brass part #535-00.Cost was $38.66 back in October of 2000.Purchased from an rv supply house.It comes with an adapter to go on your esixting lp tank which the 12 foot extender hose connects to which connects to your gas grill.All fittings included.

I took it a step further on our SOB trailer and ran the hose on the inside of the trailer frame through groumets to a junction box with an LP approved cut off valve.I made up an additional 12 foot LP gas approved hose with LP gas approved brass quick disconnects to reach the grill wherever I decided to put it.

Uesd the setup trouble free for 8+ years and pulled it off just before selling the SOB trailer.I will be installing it on the Mountaineer soon.

2 Sinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
Your RV dealer should be able to help you. If you don't have any luck, PM me and I'll get you the part # for them to order it for you. The extend-a-flow will work if you want to connect to your gas bottle but not to the quick connect. Kerry
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I had the dealer set me up to use a weber grill on a 12' hose off the 30 gal lp tank , i run the hose down through the bottom so the side door doesnot have to stand open for a week or so , it has worked great for 4 years,,,sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
jwedell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6436
They are great ideas. However one personal experience. I left the hose hooked up overnight at a campground on Long Island and something ate a hole in it so I now bring it in at night when i'm finished.Gook luck getting it hooked up.
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Whether you use the extend a flow or put your own together from parts, be sure you connect to the bottle side and not after the propane has gone through the regulator. Otherwise you get insufficient pressure for the grille.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
mopar1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8805
I just bought one of those Coleman gas grills. I got the blue one but I can't remember it's name. I do not like it very well. There are vent holes in the back lid that let the grease splatter all over the outside and down the back. Also on mine the pan around the burners gets filled with water so when the grease dripes in it, it will not make a mess. What I have found the grease floats to the side and stickes above the water level. Creating a mess.
All that would not be so bad if it just sat out on the patio or something but putting it back in the basement like that isn't going to happen. So then it all has to be cleaned up and dried before storage. But it does a good job cooking.
mopar1 is offline   Reply With Quote