Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Montana High Country

Dave and I are considering a High Country 343 when the time comes to upgrade. We would love to hear any feedback on any High Country model. How do you like it? What is your usage...long time, full time, weekends only, etc? What would you change or improve. What do you really love and hate about your unit. Thanks for the feedback...Joanie

CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
We have a 2011 323 rl we just upgraded in february and love the floorplan and the space we had a 30 ft bunkhouse forseven years and slept eight it is just my wife me and dAugbter now we have been out week ds and pulled it from Oklahoma to Colorado this umber to meet family for the fourth of uly we hacvnt had any issues yet we plan to keep it a long time and retire and be ome fultomers eventually we love the new paint and graphic scheme I did replace the antenna today only because I forgot to lower it one time a d took it off the roof luckily no major damage hope you e joy ome soon happy travels
okierver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
Ren
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10954
We have the 313RE and so far (knocks on wood) everything has been fantastic with it. Yes there was some things on the PDI that I found, and some small things afterwards that I fixed myself, but other than that I love it. We are pretty much weekend warriors at this point with probably 3 to 6 day trips here in there through out the year. I wish it had the heavier duty shackles and wet bolts like the new Montana's, but thats probably my only gripe. Love the weight and grey color.

We have more pics and videos of it on our website in my signature.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
We have a 2012 343RL and am glad we decided to go with it. A large reason for us going to the HC was the lighter pin weight on my 2500HD... Trucks pulls it like a dream and with airbags there is virtully no chucking... It chucks somewhat when I've left the bags at 10 pounds.

So far because I'm still working for another 523 days, 23 hours, 10 minutes we've used the trailer for several weekend trips and on my vacation for 6 weeks where we spent about 32 nights including a trip to Jackson WY from Calgary. We plan to use it for a month here and twon months there when I retire.

We wanted a King bed but it's not available in the HC so we're stuck with the Queen... It wasn't a biggie but it would have been nice...

With that said after 40 nights.... I can see why only a queen is available... With the separate bathroom it takes space from the bedroom so the bedroom is a bit small.. (I can see why the 3400's have the shower and sink in the bedroom now)

DW loves the kitchen... we opted for the double door fridge....

Ordered it with slide toppers and am glad I did... The main slide topper will pool water when it rains which is a pain to drain unless I bring in the slide...

Oodles of storage throughout this coach...

Basement doors didn't come with slam doors.... I ordered the trailer in February where the dealer ordered another identical trailer at the same time... They both came in together as 2012's where the other one came in with slam doors... mine didn't

We're elated Keystone did away with the two tone cabinets in the HC...

Some problems (as expected) at first... The day after I brought it home from the dealer some 450 miles the funace quit.... None of the Keystone warranty dealers here would lok at it for at least 2 months when they found out I didn't buy from them... Keystone came to the rescue and authorized a mobile repair who replaced the defective curcuit board a couple of days later...

Motor on the rear jacks came disengaged on the second time out... the problem was in quality control where the motor was attached to the mount with self tapping screws and the pulled themselves out. I fixed it myself by replacing them with the proper machine screws...

Cable slides seem to be fine... except for the main slide is in need of adjustment where I have an appointment at the end of the month to get them adjusted.... Keystone came through here too because I was outside the 90 adjustment window by a month and they still authorized it under warrantee....

08UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #5
Ren
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10954
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 08UltraRider

So far because I'm still working for another 523 days, 23 hours, 10 minutes
I see that your not counting down or anything!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #6
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
We're very happy with ours...love the bunkhouse and second 1/2 bath!
Only issues so far have been fairly minor (toilet that doesn't seal properly after flushing, noisy shower squeal).
Also have had a problem with the decal on the front cap which has been partially resolved, but now has reappeared on a different decal.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ren

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 08UltraRider

So far because I'm still working for another 523 days, 23 hours, 10 minutes
I see that your not counting down or anything!
I stand corrected.... It's 522 days 22 hours 35 minutes!
08UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote