Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Frozen water line

Well here is a new one, I have all the lines heated and covered and the neighbor just called to see if we had water. It seems that the city water line is frozen. I turned the tank fill on and hoped we would get enough water to get us into tomorrow and after about ten minutes I heard a "thud" and the pressure came back full force so I guess there was an ice plug up the hill. Jack (the neighbor) checked his and he had his back also so since he isn't using a holding tank he will leave his running a bit tonight. It is supposed to hit zero tonight then start a slow warming the rest of the week so maybe we will be lucky and not lose it completely... Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Dave,

A good tactic in cold weather is to fill your fresh water tank for water useage. If you think your hose will freeze, disconnect and use the water pump.

We've done this when our hose should freeze because we don't have it taped or heated (if we get caught in cold weather, we get our maps out and look for warmer weather).
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Mike, the city water line a half mile away froze, my hoses are fine. I was just trying to top off the fresh water tank in case we would be without water for a few days. But the ice plug in the city water line melted so now we have full pressure.. Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Sorry, misread your post.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote