Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Leisure Time RV in OKC

I wanted my fellow MOC'ers to know we've had an excellent experience with Leisure Time RV in Oklahoma City.

From our initial contact via email with Tom Jones, Internet Sales, to then meeting Ken Corley and others at the dealerhip, we have to say everyone went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable and informed.

The price we negotiated on our Big Sky was the best of the many places I called in the country even 'though I had intended to try to get one through Lazy Days in Tampa (who is having financial trouble, now).

Leisure Time, however, is opening a brand new facility in January and they assure me that they are still selling units, and I concur.

When we picked up our unit, it was inside their shop so that we could avoid the cold.

As we were leaving, Andy Sumner, in parts, and to whom we had been introduced earlier, gave us a goody bag with various "new owner" stuffs.

After spending four days moving our stuff from our 3400 to our new 340, we found some items that needed to be attended to. We already had an appointment for today to get the JT's off the Monty and put on the Big Sky, along with our Alcoa rims and G rated tires.

Chad Eaton, the service manager, kept typing up the service order as I read from a list we had prepared. He never showed the slightest hesitation or frustration and all was completed to my satisfaction, including explaining to me why the various things needed attention.

Their technicians seem to really know their stuff, especially David, the head technician. And, he didn't mind that I was out there "helping" him at times. I say this, only because I was able to give him some information gleaned from this forum which helped to narrow down the problems quickly, although he probably would have done just as well without my "help".

As we were waiting in their lounge area for the work to be completed, Ron Wilson, the owner came up to us to chat as did other salespeople.

If anyone is looking for a new unit, I highly recommend Leisure Time RV, and I don't make this recommendation lightly.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:16 AM   #2
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Nice to hear from a satisfied cutomer. Very good. Of course the fact that you're such nice people, too, makes it easier for them?!!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Congrats on your new Big Sky from Leisure in OKCity. I can honestly relate to Tom Jones on the internet as professional and paitent. While we did not purchase from them, Tom was extremely helpful in my learning process and features we ultimately chose for our 3400. The company seems well equipped for customer service. Good Luck and it once again tells me Okies are fine folk! Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Blamb,

Why are they charging you if the trailer is still under warranty? Don't mean to be nosy just wondering and I don't want anyone to get taken advantage of.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
They didn't charge me for parts, but their rate is $100 per service call. That's for the service call, not repairs or anything else. My service plan takes that down to $50 per service call. At the rate things are breaking on this dang rig, it's about to pay itself off in service calls...
blamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is true Hamrad as we found out when in Arizona and still under warranty. The service call for a mobil rv service to come to the camper is not covered under the Keystone warranty. However Apollo did pay for the service call which was , at that time 70.00.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Thanks folks. I appreciate the education. I've never had a mobile service so was not aware of charges being involved.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #8
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
blamb,

Who is your serice contract provider?

Thanks,
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #9
jim n deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7406
The service manager, Chad Eaton, of leisure time in okc just become a member on Dec. 16.
jim n deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:29 AM   #10
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Saw Chad joined MOC! Figured Michael signed him up?!!!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote