Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2006, 06:53 AM   #1
jrjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4858
Crownvilla RV Resort in Bend,OR

I was visiting with a friend at Beaver Coach Sales on Thurs. and he told me that Crownvilla had closed. I had read in the paper here it had sold to a Developer and was to become a subdivision. Sounds like its happening.
Just wanted to let the people who are comming to the big Rv get together in Redmond in July that were thinking of staying there.
Hoped to save some last minute dissapointments.

jrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
OH NO. That was our favorite. Not again. Pretty soon there won't be anything left because of the almighty $$$$

Bill and Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
That was such a unique campground I can't believe they are going to tear it up. It was 90% full when we were there in June. Do you think they weren't making money?????
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Well there goes my July plans.... Crownvilla is one of my favorite parks, I have the most wonderful memories of meeting Bill and Helen there.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #5
jrjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4858
My parents stay there alot when my house is full, and they will miss it to. The land became worth so much money that it was hard to pass up. This is according to a newspaper article a few months back. Now I think there is only one rv park in Bend. There are a couple nice ones in Sisters 20 miles from Bend and Redmond.
jrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:45 AM   #6
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
There is a very large state park 20 miles south of Bend in La Pine and one small state park in Bend and another near Redmond. There are many USFS campgrounds in the area. I have always preferred them to Crown Villa, which I considered overpriced.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:29 AM   #7
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
We are planning to visit family in Bend next year after we retire and were planning to stay at Crown Villa. I had heard a nasty rumor that they had sold out so I sent them an email. I received an answer from the resort manager stating that they had been sold to a developer, but might still be open next year. She said to contact them again next Spring and she'd know by then if they would be open. I believe we're going to stay at Tumalo State Park, about 5 miles NW of Bend on Route 20. It got a good review on www.campgroundreviews.com. We're gonna have Dave's brother check it out for us. Will let you know.
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote