Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2006, 04:25 AM   #21
Boxer44

M.O.C. #2758
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Doug and Anita

I know that the Montana has the arctic pkg. but how cold can it get and still feel safe from freezing tanks and water lines in the trailer. I live in the Texas Hill Country for now and 20-25 degrees is about as cold as it will ever get. Also, what does everyone do about the hose from the faucet to the trailer. What is the best way to keep it from freezing.
We've camped the last two winters in Minnesota. The Artic Package is only an additional 1/4" insulation blanket in the basement. We've dropped two of the underbelly panels and installed (3)1500 watt space heaters. We monitor the temp down there and plug in as many heaters as we need to keep things from freezing. Electricity is free at the campground we stay at so we heat everything electrically. Our trailer came with (3) 15 amp circuits. We can run (3)space heaters off those circuits. There was a spare 15 amp breaker which I used to add a 4th heater, and paralleled the A/C with another heater since we don't use the A/C in the winter. The 5 heaters keep the temp in the trailer above 70F until the temp drops below -10F when we have to start using the furnace. Last winter we only ran the furnace 2 days.

Boxer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #22
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
>

Thanks. I begin to see the light.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote