Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #1
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Malibu Beach RV Park, Malibu, CA

Help!!! Anyone out there familar with the above park. We are considering employment there. Any insight regarding the park or area will be greatly appreciated.

Dennis and Carol

Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
If it is the park I'm thinking of we just visited it at Thanksgiving. It is on the mountain side of the road. Nice enough area and park. But very expensive. If you like ocean and mountain views then you'll love this place.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:07 PM   #3
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Dennis, I think you have the right place. All I have to go on is their website and your description matches it. Site is provided so the expense is not a consideration. Was wondering how it would be to live there for 6-12 months. Hard to tell from 1,300 miles away.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:07 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hello Dennis and Carol,
The two major drawbacks that I see are the traffic on PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) also known as Hwy 1. The park is right on the road. It is up the hill so noise did not seem to be a problem when we were there but then again I was in our diesel pickup!

Cost of living may be a little higher here than in other parts of the world but you're getting one of the biggest expenses as part of your employment so that will help. Of course dealing with all the Hollywood Stars is another downside.... but you leave them alone and they'll leave you alone!

The view from almost any spot in the park is "to die for".... It is very nice. And of course the weather is usually very nice. Sort of cold and rainy right now but that only lasts maybe a month or so.... All in all a good deal... especially if you've not spent much time out this way before... Tons of things to do in the Southern California area...

Whatever you do... I wish you the best. Enjoy while you can.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Hello Dennis & Carol,
We live just down the coast a little ways in San Pedro, CA (Los Angeles Harbor area). You'll find that overall, the cost of living in So Cal is higher than many other places, regular gas is still in the high 1.90s and diesel is usually over $2 in most places. Generally the weather is wonderful, although we've just had the wettest 15 days in history (since 1877) and are finally drying out. By the way, that stretch along PCH is noted for rock & mudslides during the rainy season, and the traffic can be miserable. On the other hand, the views are incredible, there's lots to do, and there's a great bike path starting in Pacific Palisades (just south of Malibu) that goes all the way to Redondo Beach (about 23 miles). If you decide to go there, e-mail us, we'd love to meet you!
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:37 AM   #6
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Bill & Shari, thanks for the response. Luckily, the job did not work out. When I had made the initial post, we had just put our home on the market. I have been laid off for almost a year and we had come to the decision that we needed to make some drastic changes. Yesterday, we signed the sales contract on our home with a very nice young couple. He is a pilot in the Air Force and is returning to Iraq on 2/21 so we have a lot to do in the next 30+ days. Looks like we are about to become "FULLTIMERS". We are very excited, but also hopeful that we have made the right decision. If we get that way, we will try to make contact.