Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
Toile leak

Well..it seems that we have a leak from the base of our toilet. Has anyone already done a fix, and have any helpful tips and advice. What parts should we have on hand when we attempt to do the repair. Thanks to all of you. This is one GREAT forum group. Teresa

dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
radio flyer
Established Member

M.O.C. #8409
Look at your paper work from the company that made the toilet. I called them and they sent the parts right out. Easy fix. This was a leaking toilet that did not hold water. I hope this info helps you.
radio flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
OxyVegas
Established Member

M.O.C. #8523
We had that problem recently-2008 3400RL. It only leaked when someone set on it. I theorized that the base wasn't tight so I tightened the two bolts and the two rear wood screws. Better, but still leaked. Then I turned off the water used a flash light as I engaged the flush control. I could see that the seal (a gray donut looking affair) wasn't centered. So I loosened the bolts, removed the rear wood screws and slid the toilet over until it looked centered and re-tightened. The wood screws have to be re-screwed back into the wood flooring at that new point-used a nail and hammer to start new holes-screwed them down tight. No more leaks.
OxyVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
I'm Having a similar problem. Replaced the old donut with a new one, tightened things back down but the two back screws now appear to be stripped. Toilet is nice and solid though. Still leaking. Not sure the donut is the problem or the piping below it. Has me a bit befiddled at the moment.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:12 AM   #5
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Check the connections for the inlet water. That connection will loosen over time, as will others
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
It's not leaking from th inlet piping. I have aleak either around the donut or around the threaded plastic pipe just blow floor level, making a connection to the black tank piping. Can't quite figure out what this 4" threaded nipple is there for.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:48 AM   #7
02pullin
Established Member

M.O.C. #8959
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dandt

Well..it seems that we have a leak from the base of our toilet. Has anyone already done a fix, and have any helpful tips and advice. What parts should we have on hand when we attempt to do the repair. Thanks to all of you. This is one GREAT forum group. Teresa
Dave
I just had the same issue on ours ( Aqua Magic Auroa ) Its only seeped when flushed. Took apart and the water valve was doing it. also a lot of rust around valve linkage so it was doing it for awhile. Replaced valve and solved problem. But noted that the valve is suppose to rotate to work but due to the spring load the valve stem also rocks fore and aft which to me would put a bind on the o- rings. ( Took apart the old valve and found the o-ring pinched ). Thinking about fab'n a better support for the valve stem to keep it on axis. By the way the part number for my valve is #19283 and Camping world had it.
02pullin is offline   Reply With Quote