Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2008, 06:05 AM   #1
speezack
Established Member

M.O.C. #7906
Send a message via Yahoo to speezack
2005 Montana 3400RLS

Sure hate to do this but.... we are hanging it up!! Just getting a little long in the tooth to run up and down the road. We have a very clean 2005 3400RLS, 38', 4 slides, with a very new Onan 5K Gasoline onboard generator, installed professionally by Onan dealer in Richmond 2 years ago. This camper has never been smoked in and no kids... just me and Gail and our dog Lucy... who is probably cleaner than some of us!!! We have a "FULL" bumper to bumper warranty on this camper that is transferable. It is good to October 2011. The only trouble we have ever had with this camper is one of the hydraulic slide needed replacing and the kitchen holding tank was replaced... all under warranty at no costs to us other than a $50 deductable (saved us about $1800) other than that, nothing has happened to this great camper. It has been tested for about 3000 miles with absolutely no other problems. It has been babied and cleaned and taken very good care of for several years and now we are going to let it go for a fair price. We all know the retail on these is in the high 50's but they are discounted somewhat. I would appreciate input as to price. I see this year advertized anywhere between 25 to 40,000. We just want to be fair to all. So what do you guys think might be a fair price. I will send a lot of pictures to anyone that is interested. It has some extras like vent coverings, longer and better electric connection lines. All sewage hookup stuff goes as well as a nice 16K 5th. wheel from my truck. Also, a lot of interior stuff that can go too.... very clean and has been service by Southern RV in Richmond, Va. where it was purchased. Advice is welcome. We hate to get rid of this great camper... just getting a little too old...

speezack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
You might gain some insight from visiting the .PPL consignment website.

As another personal point of reference:
I paid $30K for an 05 Montana Big Sky 3670RL (3 slides) with about 5000 miles and no pets. I had researched prices extensively for about 6 months. Yes, prices for the same model/floorplan vary by at least $10K for any one year. What I paid was a low-ball, but owner netted about what selling via 10% consignment via PPL would likely have generated.

Condition much worse than yours, albeit a Big Sky: Dometic Refrigerator just died, that dropped the agreed to price from $31K to what I paid.
Interior was immaculate. Exterior was uncared for, showed wear from life spent outdoors. Bedroom slide topper has 1-2" edge tear. Rubber dustcaps for water, cable, etc, all mostly rotted. Original tires. Vinyl moldings very moldy, some exterior fittings yellowed. Front Decals peeling noticeably. Gelcoat, slide tray, extra AC wiring-but no extra AC, Fireplace, usual Big Sky features. Sewer, water hoses, blocking/chocks, all leftover cleaning /lube supplies included.

So if your's is very neat inside and out and with a generator and warranty, maybe up to $35K is reasonable?

Good luck!
RRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:35 AM   #3
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Hello Speezakc,
I joined this forum because I am interested in buying a 3400RL. We have been trying to find all the info we can before making the plunge. We presently have a ....fifth wheel but want to upgrade and get a better floor plan.
We might be interested.
Thanks,
grandpachet
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:11 AM   #4
speezack
Established Member

M.O.C. #7906
Send a message via Yahoo to speezack
GENERAL INFO ON THIS UNIT: 2005 RLS; 4 slides; 50 amp service; items included: 5.5K Onan onboard GASOLINE generator(a small 6 gal. portable fuel tank lasts about 12 hours) which was installed by the Onan dealer in Richmond, Va… has all panel hardware in the bedroom; all electric and sewage hook up stuff with extra cords and longer sewage pipes; nice sets of dishes, silverware and normal kitchen appliances like toaster oven, electric can opener, coffee machine and many, many other onboard traveling items in like new condition; electric fireplace that looks ever so real !!; has an electric panel for another AC in the bedroom which we have not installed cause we never found a need... the front AC cooled just fine in very hot conditions.

Selling points include the Onan generator which installed costs in the neighborhood of $4000., a full warranty that is transferable and is good to Oct. 2011. This warranty has replaced a broken hydraulic unit in the 'office' slide and the kitchen holding tank with all the hook ups and hardware. We paid the $50 deductible and the warranty took care of the rest to the tune of about $1900. A very, very desirable option to have... We will also throw in gas grill and many, many items in good condition if you like... you look them over and most items are here... if you want it to go with the unit... chances are you can have it too. I will also include the 16K 5th. Wheel in the bed of my truck which is a very nice, sliding unit that has performed flawlessly.

Items on the downside (you want to know this too, right??) the front decal is pealing… something that seems to happen often with decals on the front, it’s still looks fine, actually not even noticeable unless you are standing right up against it… the side decals are fine; I put a dent in the left rear quarter panel that has been estimated at about $500… (turning too sharp) in the fiberglass… I will get this fixed or I will knock off $500 from whatever negotiated price we come up with… I will be fair about these items. Other than these two items, I cannot think of anything else other than the price! I have seen this unit, year and options from anywhere from 25 to 40,000. A new one set up like this is around 60,000 with the generator and warranty. This is an ’05 with 4 full years left on the warranty. I believe $36K it a fair starting point. We can talk if you like.

We live in southern Virginia and can be reached at 434-676-8656. I will provide many pictures via email. A general picture is shown below.
speezack is offline   Reply With Quote