Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2007, 03:37 AM   #1
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Recommendations - Springfield, Mo

Does anyone have a recommendation for CPs around the Springfield, Mo area? Our father/father-in-law just moved to Springfield.

bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
There is a KOA on the north west side of Springfield near the airport, very nice. You do hear a few plane's..... We also stayeds at Ozark Highlands MHP/RV park on the south east side of Springfield, as indicated it is an older Mobile Home Park and RV park. It is reasonable priced the rear site's are in the open with no tree's I prefered and stayed within the park between some older Mobile Homes. Nice old shade and it was OK.. No five star but we felt the park was SAFE. Right next to a shopping center and WALLY WORLD - Hope this helps. Your father/father-in-law made a wise choice Springfield is a very nice City.
later John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:44 PM   #3
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
Springfield is a great city. I lived there for over 10 years and my son is still there. However, campgrounds are not one of its better features. The one on the SE side of town only has a few sites for RVs. There was one on the Northwest side of town that closed in the last year. I don't know if that is the KOA referred to or not.

There are three on I-44 NE of Springfield at Stratford, near Northview and at Marshfield. Of course there are a lot to the south in the Branson area.

Good Luck
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote