Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2006, 10:53 AM   #21
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
Congratulations Myrna. Very cute and i am sure that he will be a great companion.........Les

Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #22
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
You are welcome Myrna, If admin wants a bit smaller, they can let me know, and I can downsize a bit more. Boy, he sure is a cutie!!!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #23
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
What a little ragamuffin! He looks like he's looking for mischief! Have fun!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:49 PM   #24
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Send a message via Yahoo to dchafer
Awwwwww!!! I want one just like that to go with My Taffy. Adorable. I just love to watch them grow up ..
I'm sure he will bring you great joy. Licks and hugs to the little one.
dchafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:12 PM   #25
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Imp-
Very cute pup! About the potty treat, don't forget they need instant reward when doing the duty. I only mention this because even though puppy ice cream is fun...are you able to give it to the pup as soon as he does his duty. (Sorry, just want to see all be successful)
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:02 PM   #26
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
PartyCrashers.. that indeed is a challenge. We usually end up doing a dry treat as it isn't easy having that yogurt out there in 102 degree weather. But you are right, they have about a 7 second reward time...
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:34 PM   #27
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Oh Myrna he is so cute. I want to pick him up and hug him. Enjoy - I'm jealous.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #28
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Imp-
How's the pup doing? He is cute! Is he getting the potty idea yet? I mentioned the instant treat early, because I think that is what helped us with our mini poodle. She is now turning two years old. When we got her she was 8 weeks old, for house training, she was going outside (only...whew!) when she was 10 weeks old. We we're lucky! "Nikki" responded well to the treats....sometimes too good, we started to noticed that she would "fake" like she went potty then look for the treat. When we caught on we had to pay closer attention. Best of luck to you...and happy tails.
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:20 AM   #29
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I do not know how experienced you are with puppies. The greatest piece of advice I have coming from having dogs my whole life.
Do not allow a pup to do those cute things that at the time is very funny and harmless... as a puppy. A common example is a pup grabs a shoe and shakes it and pushes it around. A puppy struggles just to move the shoe. But as a dog this is now an expensive bad habit of roughing up shoes and has no problem at all slinging it around. And worst of all the dog does not understand why you are so angry with them, when just a little while ago it put a smile on you. After all that is what a dog lives for.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #30
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Trukdoc..you are so right. We play mainly with toys, hard rubber and little stuffed animals. No shoes toys even. We have taught the grand kids to let him lick their hands and not their faces and call it kisses. We don't want any nips that are out of control. It is really hard not to get carried away but it is working. In this small living area we have to really be creative. He is learning to be left in his crate and thank heaven for puppy pads. We are still working on a signal from him about going outside, but it is still a game with him. Patience, Lord, give me patience....
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #31
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I had a friend that got a Rotweiller pup and thought it was cute to watch him rough up his work boots which at the time he couldnt hurt. I do not guess I need to tell the rest.
As far as training goes I have had much better luck with praise and hugs than treats.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote