Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2005, 08:48 AM   #1
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
SMALL SMALL World!

Kevin and I hadn't drug our brand new Monty far enough to get it good and buggy, and were JUST stopping for our first night in it, at the Sioux Falls KOA, when who should pull up but another member of the MOC... John and Marge.. AKA JLBOZ60... So great to get to meet, and start putting faces to the personalities we have met in here! Got to see pics from the last rally.. (Including incriminating pics of "THE LEGEND").
I also wanted to give all a heads up on a really nice little campground we found in Nebraska on the way home. It is on hwy 81, about an hr north of I-80 at Stromsburg, Ne.. just a little city park on the south end of town... dozen or so sites.. 50 Amp.. some with water. it was a lovely park.. and the fee is "DONATION" Amazing.

Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:17 PM   #2
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
So glad to hear that you both got everything taken care of in Sioux Falls. The end of the month will be here before you know it, and you will become fulltimers. It is a great life and we really enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing you down the road and I can promise your Monty will be buggy & cleaned many times between now & then. Safe Travels Marge
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:26 PM   #3
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Mel ... we know what you mean about a small world. During the course of our one month stay at Mountain Meadow RV Park in Hungry Horse, Montana not one, not two, not even three ... but five more MOC members parked there! Then there were the two Montana owners that Steve "stalked" and gave our card to. We met Harmon and Ruth (Roman4), Bill and Helen (Adelmoll), Wally and Margo (GoChips), Kathy and Stefan (Willy Travels) and Norm and Chris (Nkwist). We were able to spend some time with all of them during their stays except for Wally and Margo since they were leaving the next day.

What a great group of people ... we had such a good time!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:26 PM   #4
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Aren't MOC people great!
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
What a mind picture you gave me Vicki...
We'll have to see about getting that Legendary Stalker of yours a black cape, and hat.. and maybe some handlebar wax for his moustaches...
And Yes Northstar... they truly is!
John... I couldn't stand it any more last night, and was out with a bucket of mr clean and a nylon scrubby DE-bugging the front cap.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:58 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Incriminating, huh? Hmmm. Marge and John, what exactly did you show Mel? Paybacks....

Mel, dryer sheets. New ones, not used ones. Spray the nose with water. Wet the dryer sheet. Rub a little and the bugs come right off. Rinse the nose and you're done. Still more work than I like but easier than any other method I've tried. I learned this trick right here in MOC. The generic brands seem to work just as well as name brands.

Works great on the chrome grille on the truck, too. One of our members recently showed me that trick with the grille. I forgot which one but I think it was Bill of Adelmoll.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 12:45 PM   #7
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Yes, and I actually had bought some dryer sheets to try Steve, but I thought surely it couldn't be that easy...
will Wet some and rub all over the leading edges of both vehicles before we head out again, so that the sun baked bug guts will not be so hard to chip off next time.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:22 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mel, I'm not sure I'd rub them all over BEFORE the trip! They just help getting the bugs off afterwards. I wish I could find something truly effective at keeping them off in the first place.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:39 AM   #9
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
What'll keep'm off is ONE HARD FROST in the fall! We really like fall camping after the first hard frost. Fall colors and NO bugs!!!!!!!
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:27 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We also found there were mighty few bugs in Hungry Horse, MT, and Glacier National Park in July and August. But here in Island Park, ID, near Yellowstone, we're back in bug country. They had a big trout fly hatch at the lake near here but our windshield gets plastered with bugs just driving through Yellowstone. Just as bad as Kansas. Maybe worse.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:24 AM   #11
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
I always heard that the farther north one went, the bigger the skeeters got...... I didn't see many of them in SD though... and can someone please explain the cosmic law that causes that REALLY big giant green bug to commit seppuku right in the vision area of the driver, rather than ANYWHERE else on the whole windshield???

PS.. Steve, I thought for sure I read somewhere in here that rubbing with bounce makes them not stick as hard the next time too....
I wish I could find a little animation like you have... Only of a moose... (Nickname is big moosey girl... Marge and John can attest to WHY..)