Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2005, 04:27 AM   #1
Montana_3696
Established Member

M.O.C. #3696

my wife and I are semi-retired, live just south of Raleigh, NC, and have been fortunate enough to travel/camp extensively for the last couple of years...we have an '03 33' SunnyBrook TT that we tow with an '02 Chevy 3500 Duramax/Allison ... during the last two summers we have covered over 28,000 miles and plan to add another 10,000 or so miles when we leave June 1st and return home on August 8th ... I currently work part time in camper/RV sales at a local dealership so my reason for joining this forum is to learn more about Keystone/Thor products

Jim

Montana_3696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:52 AM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Welcome! You will learn all you need to know about the Montana line here.

We spent a little less than a year in Goldsboro in 1967 while Roy was finishing out his time in the Air Force. We traveled to Raleigh and Winston-Salem several times. That is where I was first introduced to camping, as my family never did any.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:19 AM   #3
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome. This is a good place to learn and get those questions answered. If the folks on the forum don't know an answer they will do their best to direct you where you can get the information you need. Safe travels.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:00 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Jim, Be prepared because around here you won't only learn more about Keystone/Thor products but the whole RVing lifestyle including tow vehicles, hitches, etc. This is the type information ALL RV sales people should have and understand. I believe most RV salesman never spent a single night in an Rv muchless went to the trouble of learning from the RVers themselves.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:58 AM   #5
Montana_3696
Established Member

M.O.C. #3696
Roy/Nancy Virgil/Karen Glen/Lorraine

I sincerely appreciate the welcome and am most certainly looking forward to learning from and exchanging information with the folks who post on this forum .... a little over 3 years ago we began a 14 month "looking" process for our current camper ... during that search we considered a large number or makes/models/floorplans ... we also talked with all too many salemen who clearly knew all too little about their own product lines, much less about their competition ... on our trip this summer I plan to try and tour SunnyBrook, Jayco, K-Z, Keystone, and Thor plants ... I've only been working in RV sales for a couple of months and fully realize just how little I know about many of the brands that I get questions about ... my hope is that through reading post from folks who have personal experience with given brands that I will be better able to answer questions from folks who come to our dealership

Jim
Old 05-05-2005, 06:53 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the MOC Forum. Of course, we are all prejudicially inclined to promote the validity of our choice. However, on this forum you will get the good, the bad and the ugly. If I were a salesman, I would spend time on this forum to glean all the synergy and collective wisdom that is available here. happy hunting....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:34 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Jim. I think it's laudable that you want to learn more about other brands. As you already know, you will be in the minority.

We here think Montana is the best bang for the buck but we are not so prejudicial that we don't recognize there are other good brands out there, including your Sunnybrook. In my mind, at least, what sets Montana apart is the way Keystone handles its customers after the purchase. As you read through this site you will see what I mean. Many of us have first hand experience with Keystone's service and it's a big factor in our staying with Montana.

Good luck with your endeavor. Don't hesitate to ask questions.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:20 PM   #8
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Jim,

Welcome to the MOC. It's always fun to have RV dealers join the forum as they bring new perspective. If you have any questions ask away. Someone will chime in wiht the info you are looking for.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:21 PM   #9
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Jim, great to have new people check out our site. Join in when you can. We can all learn from each other.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:04 AM   #10
Montana_3696
Established Member

M.O.C. #3696
Stiles/Steve/Lamar/Walter

I do appreciate the most warm welcome to this forum ... have really enjoyed reading post in many threads ... one of my best friends is considering a Montana and I have referred him to this forum ... our dealership handles a couple of Keystone lines but not the Montana ... we do have 2-3 that have been traded in on newer units ... I have been impressed by what appears to be an unfiltered exchange of information among folks who clearly are interested in their campers and camping in general

Jim
Old 05-07-2005, 03:24 AM   #11
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Jim, Welcome to the MOC forum. I applaud you for reaching out for additional information to add to your knowledge of various lines for your sales job. We are all constantly learning from one another here on this forum. As Steve says, we are very impressed with Montana's treatment and service to the end consumer. We too researched many models, including TT, MH & FW and were sold on the Montana the first time we walked into our unit. Good luck with your new endeavor in sales.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote