Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2004, 03:07 PM   #1
Montana_2627
Established Member

M.O.C. #2627
It's Home

We brought our new 315RLS home last night!! Still wonder what the neighbors are thinking. It's been a while since we towed any TT that it took a little getting used to. Didn't realize just how long my set up is until I went to park to get something to eat (thank God for shopping center parking lots half full!) Noticed I was getting a little sway from my TV (have wd hitch and dual sway controls). Looked close at my tires, which I was planning to replace anyhow (BTW just got the TV yesterday too) and found I had 265/70R16 when it calls for 245/75R16 lrE. Hope that will make a big difference. Need to know about winterizing as I am planning to try it out nest week for a few days but have some cold weather coming in. How long does it take to clean the system out once you have winterized? Thanksfor the info.

Montana_2627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:34 PM   #2
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Hello Ed & Marry,

Congratulations on your new Rig.

Can't help you with the winterization questions (never gets cold enough here in the AZ desert) but wanted to say wecome to MOC.

You said you have dual sway control. Wondering if you have two friction bars or something else. If your using friction sway control you can dramaticly improve sway control by going to a Dual Cam HP set up. Perhaps you already have this. If not check it out at www.drawtite-hitches.com

I'm sure you will have many wonderful experiences with your new RLS.

Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 04:21 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations and welcome to the MOC Forum. It's a great place to learn. I can't help with the winterizing either--live on the Texas coast. Someone will come along in a minute and tell you all about it. Have a great adventure.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:52 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well that's 3 for 3 on the winterizing thing. We winter in Florida and have no need to winterize either but I am sure some one will jump in here before long to answer all your quesions.

But I do want to say "Welcome to the MOC"
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:07 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Welcome to the forum. Glad to see there's another Mountaineer/ Montana in Bama. Hope to see you out on the road sometime. We don't winterize our Montana in southern Alabama. If freezing temps are predicted we close the slides and run the furnace at 40-45'. We use a remote thermometer to keep a check on the inside temp.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 01:40 PM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome Sweeper. As you can see we are from Canada and by the looks of your replies so far most people are enjoying the warm weather somewhere. Can't wait till retirement so we may join them. In the meantime we look forward to April so we may pull the Monty out of the shed, clean out the rv antifreeze and spend every available moment at our seasonal lot from May 1 till Sept 30. Winterizing is a breeze, just don't forget to drain the hot water tank and then turn the bypass valve before sucking the antifreeze into the system. If you keep the antifreeze out of the freshwater & hotwater tanks it will only take you about 5 minutes to run clear water thru the system to clean out.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 02:28 PM   #7
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Welcome Sweepr Dr. I can say from experiece that you have a good rig. We did have a Mountaineer 335rlbs TT and is was excellent rig. Best of luck and happy trails.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:45 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Once you are familiar with the process you can winterize the rig in half an hour or less. Here's a few urls to threads in MOC on the topic of "winteriz" . If any questions after looking at these, post back and we'll try to help. On some of these threads, it doesn't start out looking like it has much info for you. Keep reading deeper into the thread.

http://www.forumco.com/montanaadmini...Terms=winteriz

That's just from the last 60 days, searching for "winteriz" in topics only during the past 60 days. You can probably modify that search and find more, if you want.

Hope this helps.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:35 AM   #9
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Sweeper Dr,

Welcome to the Montana Owner's Club and congratulations on your New 315RLS. These babies are awful long aren't they?

We camped last winter in ours every chance we got. RC is a big snowboarder. We'd arrive on a Friday and fill the fresh water tank and leave on Sunday and empty everything and Winterize again. After a while it becomes very easy.

Enjoy our new home away from home. I know we sure have.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote