Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2004, 09:06 AM   #1
Montana_2771
Established Member

M.O.C. #2771
In the looking stage

I am looking at 2 different models. One is the 2005 3650RK and the other is the 2005 3400RL. If anyone has any knowledge on these two models I would appreciate the input. I would be pulling it with a 2001 Dodge Cummins 6 speed. This is to be our home. Our children (all 5 of them) are grown and gone. My husband is disabled so I would be the one doing most of the setup, towing ect. We have decided this would be a good time to see the country. We are still umm rather young (middle 40's)but before my husbands health gets so he can't enjoy we are hoping to do this now. Thank you and what a wonderful website. I'm glad I found it.

Montana_2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:35 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well smurfete you have come to the right place to garner info on those 2 fine Montys. We have members just waiting to help the newbies but I ain't one of them. I have the 2955RL and have no practical experience with the 3650 or the 3400 other than to say "If there Montanas they gotta be good".

My only purpose for jumping in was to extend a warm welcome to you and your hubby to the MOC family.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:53 AM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
We are with Glenn -- All the way, model 2955RL and Chevy Duramax. There is plenty of room for personal preference and differences in intended use. We really like the 2955RL, but don't see how you could go wrong. This is just to say "welcome", and, no doubt, others with the experience you are seeking will come along soon.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:03 AM   #4
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Welcome to the forumn. You've found the place to get all your questions answered honestly. There is a wealth of knowledge here.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:42 AM   #5
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Hello smurfete,

Welcome to the MOC.

It always seem to come down to the floor plan that tickles your fancy the most.

The only issue that you might want to be aware of is, some folks are disappointed that they didn't notice until after the fact that there was no Heat or A/C ducts in some of the models toilet closets. I think the 3400 was one of them. Something you may want to be aware of.

Again Welcome & Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:07 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Those both are beautiful models but I'll let those who have one or the other provide you with the pros and cons. All I can tell you is to look both over carefully, spend as much time in each as you can while "going through the motions of living" in each. By that I mean, walkthru the steps to make dinner, to making and eating lunch while on the roads with slides in, etc. Other than that, reading this forum will provide lots of info. You did the right thing by posting your question.

Thanks for joining us. Hope this works out for you and you have many years of enjoyment.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:15 AM   #7
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
We have the 3400 and could'nt be more pleased. We are currently in Mesa Az., leaving tomorrow for Texas. Linda has to fly back to Ill for work, but Shadow and I a staying south for a while longer. We love the floor plan, and as for no register in the water closet, no problem, its too small to spend enough time in there to be uncomfortable. If it is really cold out we just leave the door cracked and its fine.
Its a Montana, so I think you will be happy with whatever personal preference you make as to the floor plan. Good luck on your selection.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:36 AM   #8
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I agree with Steve. Do a real walkthrough to see which is most suited to your lifestyle. If you plan to spend a lot of time in the kitchen then the 3650 is for you. If you plan on travelling a lot, then maybe the 3650 isn't suitable because you can't get from one end to the other without putting out the slides. As you didn't mention the type of disability perhaps your husband should be doing the walkthrough to see which is better for him. Happy hunting.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:41 AM   #9
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to the forum and good luck in your search for the right Montana for you. Can't help with those 2 models - we have a 3255RL which we just got in September and were only able to use for a week or so before winterizing, so we are new to all this ourselves.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:01 PM   #10
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Both are good units. Everything is a trade-off. If you have more space for this than you have less space for that. We have a washer and dryer and had to sacrifice a closet to get it. You have to figure what is most important to you.

The forum is a great place to read the posts of others and get answers to those hypothetical scenerios that may help you make your decision.

When you make your final decision, go with it and don't spend a lot of time second guessing yourself. You can choose to have a great adventure in a tent.

By-the-way, welcome to the MOC Forum.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote