Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2018, 05:41 PM   #21
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Not at all trying to be rude, but there are many posts on this forum and many others about WAY more serious issues than attaching something to a wall. I would think my 35+ years as a master carpenter would mean something. Screw it to the panel with wood screws just long enough to go through the 1/8" panel. Done. Easily filled in with a putty color stick if you want to remove it later. If you want it to stay forever, put some 3M automotive tape on it. This tape is what holds the (Ford/Chevy etc.) emblems on your car. It will tare the wall apart upon removing it. IMHO there is no need for Mollys/Toggles/plugs etc. If you really want to get crazy correct, disconnect the fridge and pull it out to install a wood backer behind the 1/8" panel so you have something substantial to screw into.

beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #22
dsttexas
Established Member

M.O.C. #15936
Thanks for all the suggestions...

I did take a simple approach with this and seems fine. The wire mesh of the rack needed something with a bigger head than normal screws so it wouldn't pull through the rack. The silver heads stand out on the black mesh, but I can fix that later too.

I found some half inch long ones with a wide head and they work fine. If it ever needs to be removed, the screw holes can be filled and marked over with a color pen to match the wood look panel.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:02 PM   #23
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
use a black sharpie marker to turn the screw heads black.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote