Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2017, 01:06 PM   #21
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Well, in response to a few of these questions, now that we are the proud owners of a 3810, we'll list a couple of reasons whey WE like it. First, to answer the question of the big window in the bedroom, we LOVE the extra light it lets in, plus the view from "up there". So often, in the state campgrounds (Oregon) we stay in, the view out the rear window is of the forest, trees, hillside, etc. Being able to see out the front as well is a plus for us. And, these NW days can be dark and dreary, so any extra light is a plus. And it does "feel" like it opens up the bedroom more. The lounge seat across the front is a nice place to sit and read, watch the outside world, OR lay down and relax a bit. And, lots of storage underneath the seating. The shade is a "blackout" shade, so no exhibitionism going on here.........unless we stupidly forget to pull it down???

As to the breakage factor, it's higher up than most vehicle windows. Don't know about you all, but most of the time a launched missile usually hits the lower part of the windshield of the tow vehicle. The trailer window is a lot higher up than that. Also, the tow vehicle would be the most likely to take the hit, not the trailer.

Yes, we confirmed that the window is "automotive safety glass" (laminated). One of the window units at the dealer had a cracked window. It was done being towed across the country by a contract hauler. He said he went through some pretty bad storms on the way. It was about a 4 inch crack, no more. Only things that might penetrate that window might be a large rock or building block dropped from an overpass, or a rifle bullet. Otherwise, I don't think so.

As far as flexing.....have you ever noticed how much your car or truck flexes?

Just our three cents worth.

2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #22
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
automotive grade is like Airplane Grade aluminum that means 6061 aluminum in other words NOTHING.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:25 AM   #23
PeteMorris
Established Member

M.O.C. #19208
It is all personal choice, and that is what makes the world go round, and round and . . .

We also have a 3810FK and LOVE the big front window. It gives us the ability to sit up in the front booth having a morning coffee and watching the world go by outside. As this window is usually pointed towards the "street" we can see people walking their dogs, as well as the variety of rigs coming and going. The window is very heavily tinted so someone on the outside can at the very most see the profile of a person with no significant detail what-so-ever. The front window is shatterproof safety glass just like your truck windshield, and also sits quite a bit higher from projectiles. When all else fails, and the unthinkable happens, that's what we have insurance for.

Additionally we really enjoy the rear picture window, as it often times faces a lake or mountain range, and adds to the openness of this trailer. It also has the same tint quality, and when privacy becomes an issue you pull the shade and problem solved.
PeteMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #24
Dljake

M.O.C. #19412
Absolutely love it, we will be making an offer soon. The lounge area in front will make for a nice get away and the step down into the bath gives me the headroom in the shower I need. When your 6'6" headroom becomes an issue. Different strokes for different folks right.
Dljake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #25
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
There are those that love this floor plan and others like us that don't. Each to his own of course, DW and I are just not willing to give up the traditional front closet.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:51 PM   #26
Mike3387
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19510
Talking Considering the 3910 Model

I knew when I saw it at the show that it would be at the top of my list. I love the natural light and this model offer plenty of it. It's so heavily tinted and so high up that privacy is still maintained. No shame in my game, but I don't want to advertise either. The fireplace in the bedroom is perfect ambience for romance and snuggling with my DW. As far as the step down into the bathroom, we almost always have a night light in the bathroom for that reason. This time next year, I'm hoping we'll be making our purchase.
Mike3387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:16 AM   #27
Zak
Established Member

M.O.C. #19503
We just bought the 3810... took my DW about one minute to walk through it and love it. This is our fourth rv, so we know what works for us. The floor space between the bedroom and bath is amazing. The extra view out the front means we have a view of the lake at our campgrounds when normally we'd be looking at a closet. To each their own.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote