Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2012, 01:58 AM   #41
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Emmel

What amazes me Rich is that you just say you're going to the service center and get the .1% unsatisfactory work repaired and I've been trying to get some major repair done for months and there is no service available. Wish I had your powers!
I can't say enough good things about Keystone service. We left our rig there for a flex issue and not only did they repair that but are still fixing things on my list and things I didn't even know were a problem. My rig is obviously way out of warranty and yet they are making it like new. They've even added upgrades like the double weather stipping included in the new rigs. When it is done they are shipping it back to Canada for me. I don't know what other company would do that. I know Ford would not give me the time of day without my credit card number 4 years out of warranty.

Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:35 AM   #42
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Don't know Steve I have been around maybe not as long as yourself and do not understand why you can not get satisfaction. Perhaps something has changed at Keystone/Montana but I fully expect the service center to correct any "list" of issues we may have. They have never let us down in 6 years. We shall see what happens when we need them. I do have to say that as of this point we have ...no issues. Pins on a toilet seat that were not the right size..drop of silicone caulk fixed that. Latch plate on W/D door not installed correctly.Moved it down 1/16 of a inch..stupid workmanship issues.
The one that gets me red in the face is those two cabinet doors that open up and there is nothing to hold them. Simple fix with a few gas struts out of our pocket expense.That was brought to their attention and the fall rallies..No action.. It is so dumb.
No major issues thus far..we shall see.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #43
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
"The one that gets me red in the face is those two cabinet doors that open up and there is nothing to hold them"

They probably figure you have two hands, one to hold the door
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #44
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 8.1al

"The one that gets me red in the face is those two cabinet doors that open up and there is nothing to hold them"

That is only if you can get whatever it is out of the cabinet with one hand.If not you are out of hands and the cabinet door is coming down. The head makes a good door stop. It is really a stupid thing..
Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #45
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Emmel

You guys are killing me!
I feel for you Steve. I have been very disappointed not in Keystone, but at the dealer level. Very poor communication has caused way too many delays in getting our (second) trailer. Heck, I can't even get to quality control issues yet, they can't even manage to get me a trailer.

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #46
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
I agree with Rich, we have had great service from our dealer(which can only be accomplished with Keystone support). We have had no major issues with the new HC, but the small stuff(remote to fireplace was bad and they replaced the entire fire place(Keystone) and came to my home, where it is stored and did the replacement (Dealer)) Our 2006 had issues that they took care off just as well. Again, I think a strong dealer can get results.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #47
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 8.1al

That is only if you can get whatever it is out of the cabinet with one hand.If not you are out of hands and the cabinet door is coming down. The head makes a good door stop. It is really a stupid thing..
I know Rich, sorry but I just couldn't help it. Keystone doesn't seem to care about this issue, our 2004 had a door like that.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #48
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have been using this 3402 hard since we purchased it. We are now at a campground in Southern Ohio. Here is another observation..not a gripe or a slam..just a observation

The vanity and sink in the john area. Great idea and i will adapt. It is a improvement that you have to make work. First the faucet is on the side of the oval sink not in the rear middle were it should be (no room back there). You can not get your hands under it to wash them. You can not get a wash cloth under it. The sink is to far back.You have to have your head in the open vanity cabinet to get a good shot at the sink.

The sink needs to be another 6 to 8 inches forward and the faucet needs to be in the middle of the sink. Problem is were does the room come from . This thing is already 41 feet long. Extend in to the W/D closet and the W/D does not fit. Infringe into the bedroom area and everything up there gets smaller and it is already smaller compared to our 06 3400. There is only so much room to work with.

We will adapt as IMO the advantage of the second vanity and sink out weighs the negatives.
Thus far just the usual small poor workmanship and quality issues in this TOP OF THE LINE, BEST YOU CAN BUY MONTANA PRODUCT.

Oh.where they stapled and nailed .. they filled in the spots with a color that does not match the woodwork so you can see every place a staple or nail is
and they missed many. If you can't see them like inside the cabinets they did not even fill them in..nice white spots.
Did I mention this is the TOP OF THE LINE BEST YOU CAN BUY MONTANA PRODUCT. Again..just a observation. We are happy campers?????
Old 06-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #49
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Thanx for confirming the problem with the sink in the Jon, I thought it was just my big skull! IT DRIVES ME NUTS! I get water all over the floor when I shave or wash my face, Stupid! now I just use the "wife" sink in the bedroom
Old 06-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #50
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Rich and Jim,
Would it help to install a faucet with a longer spout? http://www.lowes.com/pd_309946-866-C...RL=&facetInfo=
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #51
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Thank you for the Idea Wayne but the problem is that the faucet is on the side of the sink not on the rear like most sinks ,you just cannot get your head under the vanity far enough to catch the water so it splashes on the floor, I wish I could post pics on it but i do not know how to attach them,I am sure Rich knows how to do that so you can see. I am about ready to rip the bottom of the vanity shelf off so I can get my face over the sink but I am afraid the wife would RIP my head off if I "JIMMY RIGGED" the vanity
Old 06-24-2012, 04:39 AM   #52
rconkin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12463
From Keystone's website.
I had noticed when we were looking at 5ers that some of the other manufacturers were using the surface mounted glass sinks that extend over the front of the vanity and maybe this is why.

rconkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #53
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Thanx for the pics! now you can see the lower shelf of the vanity is in the way so you cannot get your head over the sink ,Yes the glass sink you showed would have been a better choice for Montana
Old 06-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #54
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Any man, women or child could have attempted to use that sink and told you it was not functional. It would have been better to not have the sink and put storage space under the vanity. It is something that was put in there just so they could market it without any thought about it being functional.

It is there so we will make it work.For now I drape a towel over the front of the sink and have a rug on the floor to catch all the water, toothpaste,etc. We fill the sink bowel to wash our hands as a your hands can not fit under the faucet as it runs on the side of the sink bowel.Can not believe they did that without testing to see if it would work??

Love the fireplace. The sprayer on the kitchen faucet.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #55
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Yep I do the same thing put a towell down .We never had a fireplace in our Montana before and thought it was a gimmick, but know that I have one WOW it is cool! and it puts out good heat. It has been cool and rainy in the NW this year and it has come in handy
Old 06-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #56
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
Well, at least they didn't put some fancy cabinet over the toilet to where you could not sit down. Couldn't fix that with a towel! LOL
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #57
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Got that right!!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #58
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Any man, women or child could have attempted to use that sink and told you it was not functional. It would have been better to not have the sink and put storage space under the vanity. It is something that was put in there just so they could market it without any thought about it being functional.

It is there so we will make it work.For now I drape a towel over the front of the sink and have a rug on the floor to catch all the water, toothpaste,etc. We fill the sink bowel to wash our hands as a your hands can not fit under the faucet as it runs on the side of the sink bowel.Can not believe they did that without testing to see if it would work??

Love the fireplace. The sprayer on the kitchen faucet.
I think this is typical. The sink was designed by a very intelligent engineer...who has never ever spent a day or night in an RV.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #59
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The next observation is "the boom" We noted that most of the Rv's we saw that had "the boom" regardless of brand had taken them off. Not to be influenced by what others did we gave it a chance...It is another thing that one has to ""make work" if at all...IMO.

There are three things that have to be hooked up at any site. Water Power, sewer. You may have noted that there is no campground standard as to where those facilities are. You may have noted that there are no RV standards as to where those facilities located are in the RV. We carry lots of extra water hose, extra power cable, extra sewer hose. First try the sewer connection was far in the rear of the camper. The Boom only holds so much hose where do we store the extra hose. Second try the boom over shot the sewer connection..Boom to long or severe bend in the hose.

Once the hose and connectors are well washed out where do they go..In the Rv compartments?? in the rear of the truck?? Remember what went through the hose..wonder what is in that water that trickles out of the hose and into the truck bed or compartments. The rear door that is now gone was a good place to stuff that nasty hose and the water could trickle out on the road as you travel.
So we need to install some under frame hose storage and remove the boom.

Does any one see if this stuff works in real life camping????

Double door fridge..Helen is in Heaven. Ardmore in the bedroom holds way more stuff than the drawers in the 06 3400,,great design and improvement.
Higher quality carpeting throughout. This 3402 pulls way better than the 06 3400 can't tell you why but it does. Suicide step gone.. big improvement.
Paint job was perfect...not a flaw.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #60
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

When we went to an RV show and looked at the Montanas, the salesman pointed out that the model we were standing next to had "full body paint". I put my hand up on the side and touched a decal and ask why there were decals on it. He said, "I'm talking about the body of the 5th wheel is fully painted." Which of course, he was right. I was the person who added the issue of decals to the "full-body paint" phrase.

That opened my eyes a little wider.

When the time comes to purchase our next 5th wheel, I'll remember to nik-pik each and every sentence and phrase apart to fully understand their meaning behind it, and not assume that I know what they mean.

The salesman that gets us is probably going to wish he hadn't.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote