Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2018, 11:16 PM   #121
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Last Sept I sold my Montana...

I bought a brand new 2018 SOB. I simply cannot believe the workmanship differences between my 2013 Montana 3400RL and my new one. Night and day. Never going back to Keystone.

Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:49 AM   #122
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We do not purchase because of the brand.We are close to the end of our RV adventure so another RV any brand is not in our plans. We have also been around long enough to understand that the Montana /Keystone brand is no better no worse than any other brand in terms of quality control/quality of Construction.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:08 AM   #123
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Don't know if we'll buy ANY brand new today. Biggest reason is quality and close behind that is the stupid dark colors makers seem to think are so great. Third is that we like having movable recliners and sofa with our rear entertainment floor plan and that has been replaced by fixed 'theater' seating. Finally, we can at least get to the bathroom and refer with the slides in and many new ones don't even allow that.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:46 AM   #124
martyperu
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13316
We are currently in 2018 3920FB and have had three Montanas previously. Not sure if we are just lucky but have had no problems. We have picked Montanas mostly due to floor plans and finishes. We have always thought the Montana line was the best bag for your buck.
martyperu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:32 PM   #125
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyperu View Post
... Not sure if we are just lucky but have had no problems...
I think that's a lot of it, just plain luck. So Montana's are great, others are nothing but trouble....luck.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #126
miton 5052
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21569
You will see that most of the forums from all of the manufacturers
Are all pretty much the same.I've learned to protect my investment I just keep making it better, we love the layout of our 14_3582 after 3 yrs were still working the bugs out,but it's ok I have lots of time on my hands.don't lose heart.Mike****
miton 5052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:02 PM   #127
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltBennett View Post
Don't know if we'll buy ANY brand new today. Biggest reason is quality and close behind that is the stupid dark colors makers seem to think are so great. Third is that we like having movable recliners and sofa with our rear entertainment floor plan and that has been replaced by fixed 'theater' seating. Finally, we can at least get to the bathroom and refer with the slides in and many new ones don't even allow that.
Main reason we decided on the new model 2018 3121RL also 35 footer all new models don’t allow you to stop and get to the fridge, use the bathroom or bedroom without using the slides. We can to the fridge as well without touching the slides and since we Vacation with ours we didn’t want to get bigger then 35, prefer 32 but 35 is the smallest in a Montana and I am ok with that
Wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:14 PM   #128
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
For us it was nearly 100% about the floor plan. We saw the basement garage that allowed us to carry our toys (currently have our motorcycle and two kayaks in there and there is still room for more). We would have bought a Grand Design IF they had made the garage a full 10' so our kayaks would fit as we did think the GD had a slightly better build quality but as it happens they have been bought out anyway so there goes that!

Gladly gave up not getting into the bathroom with the slides in for the two story garage/bedroom--front living room layout on our 381TH. Only time that would be an issue for us is when we are traveling down the highway and isn't that why they have bathrooms at truck stops for anyway?? In the unlikely event we need to use the RV bathroom on the road it takes all of about 15 seconds to open it up enough to get into the bathroom. I just don't see that as a game changer.....

We can get to the fridge with slide in so that isn't an issue.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:53 AM   #129
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The floor plan was the main thing on both our 06 3400 and the 13 3402,They are pretty much the same floor plan. We can get to the fridge and bathroom with the slides in and Helen's tape measure said they had the most counter space than other models which is important to her since we are long timers. Keystone support and customer service was also a big factor. They have never let us down.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote