Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2016, 11:27 AM   #81
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We now have similar bracing under all of our tanks as they failed one by one.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 01:46 AM   #82
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
I live about six miles from U of Alabama football stadium. On game day week ends there are thousands of mostly motor homes dry camping in open lots with no dump stations. Most of them have washers and dryers and a lot of beer consumed. They come in on Friday and leave Sunday. When they leave they leave with holding tanks pretty full. There is a rest area between here and Birmingham that has a dump station. If you go by there on Sunday afternoon, motor homes are lined up all the way back on the edge of interstate.
My point: hope their tanks are better than mine.

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:04 AM   #83
Dmcgrew
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13564
Well we flew back to Boise, ID and got a call from Pensacola Camping World. The approval for the replacement of the front grey tank came through the and the technician began working on the fifth. He mis understood which tank was bad and tested the galley tank by filling it up until the water backed up into the kitchen sink. He then called me and said he could not find a leak. I explained he was working on the wrong tank and that the affected tank was the bathroom grey tank.

A short time later I got a call explaining that the galley tank had a large leak in it and he was not sure what the problem was. As we all know the problem is that he filled the tank full and it broke while sitting in the repair bay.

Our scheduled return to Pensacola on Dec 27th has now been delayed to Jan. 16th when they can get parts and repairs completed. The delays are due to the holidays and all the days off during this time of year.

I now am stuck paying $200.00 per person airline change fees and will be in Boise for a month rather than the 10 days we expected. Good thing whe have family in the area we can stay with during this time.

I would like to be upset with the technician but as all of us would like to believe, he also thought the tanks were designed to hold water!! Wrong!! Not much to do now except wait till the repairs are completed.

Merry Christmas To All!!
Dmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 12:21 PM   #84
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
" As we all know the problem is that he filled the tank full and it broke while sitting in the repair bay. " Now that is a familiar story....

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 12:44 PM   #85
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Makes you want to beat your head and go running off screaming!!!
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:39 PM   #86
Dmcgrew
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13564
I would beat my head against the wall but the only person that would care would be me!! And I would have a worse than normal headache. One thing I have learned full timing is patience.

Happy New Year to all and hope you have a good bottle of wine to enjoy!!
Dmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 02:50 AM   #87
moc5er
Site Team

M.O.C. #4839
9 pages have discussed just about everything regarding this topic. Thanks to everyone for the posts. This topic is now locked.
moc5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:13 AM   #88
dbrandon44
Established Member

M.O.C. #9783
We have a 2008 3400rl never have had a problem with the tanks. Have overfilled them many times.
dbrandon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:40 PM   #89
CowboyHippyPirate
Established Member

M.O.C. #21168
Hey may I ask what they charged to replace the black tank?
CowboyHippyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #90
CowboyHippyPirate
Established Member

M.O.C. #21168
Black Tank Repair Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcgrew View Post
That is so typical, I took my 2013 3402 RL in prior to leaving on our trip the end of August. I told them the gray tank was broken as I saw the crack with hair hanging out when I replaced the screws holding the underbelly up with stainless steel screws. He said they tested it and found no leaks. I questioned him about it and he stated that the tech tested it a second time, at an additional $150.00 fee. Now I am on the trip and guess what the gray tank is leaking and not just a little. We left Boise, ID 6 weeks ago and will be in Maine tomorrow. All the camp grounds are starting to close so will be heading south to Pensicola Florida for December and January. Will attempt to get the tank fixed while there. Does anyone know of a good repair shop in the Pensicola area?

This is my second tank failure, first was the black tank and was a much bigger problem. This is only a minor inconvenience so far but still needs repaired. Stongly considering a better aftermarket tank if cost and time is not prohibitive
May I ask what they charged to replace the black tank?

Thanks,

Mark
CowboyHippyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote