Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2018, 09:00 AM   #1
SirCampsalot
Established Member

M.O.C. #19186
Base Price Out List 3121rl

Does anyone have a up to date price out build sheet for the 3121rl? This is always nice to use when talking with dealer. I had one from rep when we bought our last RV.

Sir

SirCampsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #2
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
No build sheet pricing and if you look online even the MSRP will fluctuate, but it is not unreasonable to get 35% off MSRP. Do your home work and go to the dealer armed with prices, then decide how much having a dealer close to your location for warranty work is worth to you and what their service reputation is. Saving 1000 dollars but having to drive 2000 miles to get service may not be worth it.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw3jason View Post
No build sheet pricing and if you look online even the MSRP will fluctuate, but it is not unreasonable to get 35% off MSRP. Do your home work and go to the dealer armed with prices, then decide how much having a dealer close to your location for warranty work is worth to you and what their service reputation is. Saving 1000 dollars but having to drive 2000 miles to get service may not be worth it.
Not sure you will get 35% off on a unit that is supposed to MsRP @ $80,000, I am in the process of negotiating on one now with a trade but not that close to 35% yet, they don’t want to give up more then 30% and so far that is 6-7 dealers I am working with.
Wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #4
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
Not sure you will get 35% off on a unit that is supposed to MsRP @ $80,000, I am in the process of negotiating on one now with a trade but not that close to 35% yet, they don’t want to give up more then 30% and so far that is 6-7 dealers I am working with.
30 is good, but some people have gotten 35. Like I said, working with a good reputable dealer may be more important than getting the best price. Only you can make that decision.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCampsalot View Post
Does anyone have a up to date price out build sheet for the 3121rl? This is always nice to use when talking with dealer. I had one from rep when we bought our last RV.

Sir
The three dealers in and near Elkhart, Indiana have the best prices I have found in my one year of research. They are Tiara (Elkhart, Indiana), Pete's (Schererville, Indiana) and Lakeshore (Muskegon, Michigan). I went to my one and only local dealer (30 miles), another dealer (150 miles) and a third dealer (325 miles). I explained the situation to each of them and they are still $13,000 more than the Indiana dealers. They wouldn't budge. So if you are willing to travel you can save a bunch. I would prefer to go local but not too many options unless you think that loyalty is worth $13,000. I'm not that impressed with them anyway. We will order toward the end of this month and in May will go to Indiana (1,850 miles) and make a two week vacation out of it. The new Montanas at that time should be 2019's. Each of the Indiana dealers have onsite hookups so you can spend a couple of days/nights making sure everything works after PDI.
topjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #6
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by topjustice View Post
The three dealers in and near Elkhart, Indiana have the best prices I have found in my one year of research. They are Tiara (Elkhart, Indiana), Pete's (Schererville, Indiana) and Lakeshore (Muskegon, Michigan). I went to my one and only local dealer (30 miles), another dealer (150 miles) and a third dealer (325 miles). I explained the situation to each of them and they are still $13,000 more than the Indiana dealers. They wouldn't budge. So if you are willing to travel you can save a bunch. I would prefer to go local but not too many options unless you think that loyalty is worth $13,000. I'm not that impressed with them anyway. We will order toward the end of this month and in May will go to Indiana (1,850 miles) and make a two week vacation out of it. The new Montanas at that time should be 2019's. Each of the Indiana dealers have onsite hookups so you can spend a couple of days/nights making sure everything works after PDI.
Sounds like a plan to me. I wouldn’t let miles get in the way of that kind of money! Besides once the warranty stuff is taken care of really just need to find best repair shop near you and a lot of times that is not a dealer. To top it off they may not like it but I strongly suspect all keystone dealers are contractually obligated to work on your rig. Just like all ford dealers must work on any Ford. If your local dealer doesn’t like it tell him to get right on his price!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #7
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Sounds like a plan to me. I wouldn’t let miles get in the way of that kind of money! Besides once the warranty stuff is taken care of really just need to find best repair shop near you and a lot of times that is not a dealer. To top it off they may not like it but I strongly suspect all keystone dealers are contractually obligated to work on your rig. Just like all ford dealers must work on any Ford. If your local dealer doesn’t like it tell him to get right on his price!
I made a 500 mike trip one way to save $6,000 so for $13K would be well worth it but we are looking at a 3121 with King Bed and slide toppers dealers near us in NJ won’t go lower then $59K I figured we should be able to get one for $53K at best and I would be ok with that with no PDI, Freight or Prep Fee would be good.
Wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:53 PM   #8
CarWin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21110
Yes they may be contractually obligated to to work on Keystone products, but that doesn't mean they have to do it in a timely manner. Being personal friends with our local dealer, they have the right to service THEIR customers before working on units sold by competing dealers. But we all know customer service goes a long way in creating a lasting business!!
CarWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #9
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
I made a 500 mike trip one way to save $6,000 so for $13K would be well worth it but we are looking at a 3121 with King Bed and slide toppers dealers near us in NJ won’t go lower then $59K I figured we should be able to get one for $53K at best and I would be ok with that with no PDI, Freight or Prep Fee would be good.
Call the three dealers I mentioned. They usually quote a good price up front and no pressure. It's not that hard to get them down from their already good offer.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:48 PM   #10
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWin View Post
Yes they may be contractually obligated to to work on Keystone products, but that doesn't mean they have to do it in a timely manner. Being personal friends with our local dealer, they have the right to service THEIR customers before working on units sold by competing dealers. But we all know customer service goes a long way in creating a lasting business!!
Unfortunately my local Montana dealer sucks (from past experience and plenty of reviews), so there is no incentive to be loyal. There are other Keystone dealer that do not sell Montanas in my area that are authorized to do warranty work.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:48 PM   #11
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Back burner is how my dealer (ex dealer) put it.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:52 PM   #12
CarWin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21110
I would be more inclined to pay a few hundred more for a unit if the dealer also had good after the sale services!!! Back Burner dealers don't deserve my hard earned money, if I can help it in any way shape or form.
CarWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:13 PM   #13
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
I would be more inclined to pay a few hundred more for a unit if the dealer also had good after the sale services!!! Back Burner dealers don't deserve my hard earned money, if I can help it in any way shape or form.
I was willing to pay $4,000 more to cover the additional shipping, etc. but not $13,000 more.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:08 PM   #14
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
There is such a disconnect between the service center and sales at most dealerships I don't think it matters where you buy it!!!!

Prime example was how it took over 2 months to get very simple work done on my brand new 2018!!! Until I finally got the general manager involved things just didn't get done!!! So do they earn my loyalty? What do you think?

Nearly every dealer of any kind (cars, tractors, RVs) have one thing in mind "get em out the door". They are totally focused on selling as many new units as possible. That's where the money is. They only do service because they have too to be a dealer. Most of them consider the service to be a drag on their business. They know people are going to go where they can get the best price OR can be talked into giving them more money by a salesman. Very few dealers rely on repeat business that is based on the service department! Besides the majority of customers are only going to buy a new unit every 10 years or so (granted folks on MOC are probably an exception to that rule) so there isn't much concern for offering good service after the sale.

On the other hand there are some really good service only centers around that do a great job and get you in and out really quick. That's because their reputation depends on it and they are trying to move work in and out as fast as possible to make money on it. Work just sitting around at those places is costing them storage space and reputation that they live and breath upon.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote