Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2016, 02:38 PM   #1
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Maiden Voyage 2016 3711FL

Well, tonight will be our fifth night in the new FW and we definitely are enjoying it much better than the Wildcat we got rid of. DW keeps saying "I really do like this RV." Only two minor issues: (1) one of the super-duper "Made in the USA" soft return blinds didn't. It rolled up like a cat jumping off a hot plate and won't come back down; and (2) The 6-point leveling can't find level. I'll call Lippert to see what I can do, but in the meantime, I'm just using auto-level to get started and manually adjust it on the keypad to get in the zone.

There are some odd arrangements for the lights and slide-out switches. Rather than switches on the walls near where one would normally expect a control to be, for example, the ceiling fan in the kitchen, the switch is in the "master" control cabinet back near the BR. The awning lights and outside light switches are in the same cabinet. One slide switch controls one slide, one switch controls two slides, and one switch control the other three slides. However, it's stuff we can live with once we get used to it.

We love the front window, especially since we have a waterfront site in Key West. We thought the articulated bath door was neat when we saw it at the Tampa show, but we have to leave it open for the cat to get into the bathroom so it can use it's cat box, which currently is under the sink, so we have to squeeze by the door to get back and forth to the BR, and have to close the cabinet door under the sink to sit on the throne. Of course, that's because of our cat's living arrangement with us, and other folks may like the door. Overall, we are very happy with our Montana.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote