Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
It takes a while for an RV refrig to cool down, especially if it has warmed up to outside temps before cooling it down again. I normally plug our unit in and turn on the frig at least three days before loading it and taking off for the road. The 18 hours could be on the very edge of cooling the frig/freezer off some but I'd wait a day or so and see if the temps drop more in both.

You know it depends on where you install the thermistor on the fin as to how it also cools. I don't remember which is cooler the high point or low point. As long as the temp is set low on the settings for the frig it should not make that much difference on whether you run in on electric or propane.

If you can get a frig thermometer or even two and put them in both the frig and freezer it helps to monitor the temps also. I've also seen several MOC members have the remote thermometers with the sensor inside the unit to monitor the temps.

I'm sure there will be more respond to your thread so we'll see what they have to say also.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote