Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2010, 02:24 AM   #1
Jill_Paul
Established Member

M.O.C. #9541
Entertainment Center

We have a 2010 Montana 3665RE Hickory with the digital home theater system. Whenever we play CD's the TV screen comes on with the Samsung logo and stays on the whole time the CD player is on. We called the manufacturer and they told us to disconnect a cable behind the player if we do not want the TV screen on. We then have to reconnect the cable to play the TV. This cable is not in the most convenient place. Has anyone else had this problem? It seems like you should be able to listen to music without burning an image into the TV screen. Are we missing something?

Jill_Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:37 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
I believe that the wiring just isn't hooked up correctly. When we got our unit, the speaker wiring was all hosed up. I had to move the wires so the sound would come out the way it should. Anyone who knows how to hook up sound systems should be able to straighten it out for you.
I have a young guy who works for me and I have him fix miswires for me. By the way, we love our 3665RE. Hope to see you down the road sometime.
Jim
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
What is causing that problem is a system link between the receiver and the TV. It is meant to allow the two components to work together seamlessly with one remote and to eliminate having to tell the receiver to do something and having to tell the TV also. In essense it makes the two units one through the HDMI connection. Anyway you can disable this feature in the receiver's menu and will eliminate the TV from coming on when you turn on the receiver. Unbelievable the manufacturer told you that you had to unplug the cable. Select menu on the player. Go under setup. Then HDMI. Where it says Anynet change it from on to off. Your problem will be solved. Of course the player will no longer control the TV unless you reverse this.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Paul,
See, I told you that someone younger could help you.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:01 AM   #5
Jill_Paul
Established Member

M.O.C. #9541
Thanks for all the info!! We can always depend on the MOC forum. Wish the manufacturers were half as helpful.
Jill_Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:38 AM   #6
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
Jim,

I too had the front left and right channels reversed wired from the factory in my rig as well. I would suggest folks that haven't performed the gray noise speaker test that is in the receiver's menu to do so to verify all the speakers are connected correctly.

Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote