Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Graphics Replacement, ad nauseum

Our Monty is going back to the dealer, again, to have the new replacement graphics that were installed crooked removed and replaced again, the graphics that weren't put back on put on (if that makes sense), and the the peeling graphics that were "overlooked" replaced. Seems to me that if someone had a complete set of graphics to use in replacing every graphic on the rig, and the box was returned to the Monty's owner with lots of graphics still in it, that someone would figure out that OOPS, perhaps we missed some that needed replacing.

Hopefully, after this second graphics job is finished, we'll be able to read the word MONTANA on the cap without wondering if we'd had too much wine or if the word MONTANA actually was slanting up to the right. (It was/is.)

Sigh. We need to get skirting on our rig before we get caught in one of Montana's notorious early snowstorms and then can't get the skirting on, but no, we'll still be dinking around getting our graphics fixed again.

The dealer is being very attentive to solving this ongoing problem, and we are not being charged for all the extra labor. Then again, we shouldn't be charged since we've already paid for a total graphics replacement not long ago. I'll let you know how this second replacement goes.

Carolyn & Wayne

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:01 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
S*I*G*H
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
kramperD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8078
C & W, It's a lot of work, but the Boss and I decided to do the replacement to the front cap and bedroom slide ourselves. Used a portable steamer we had laying around and peeling decals came off quite easily, very little adhesive to clean off. Just took a while to line things up, but at least there was an obvious shadow where the old decals were. Sorry about your luck, hope things will work out this time. Dino
Old 09-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Second time is the charm! Hope they get it right this time.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:37 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
You might suggest that they tape the graphics on first with Frog painters tape or the like. Then the location can be marked with a light pencil if needed. I taped ours up first, then loosened one side and applied the graphics on from the middle to the outside, then did the other side. Once they start, it is past the point of trying to get it right, it has to be right before they start. You could even insist to review the alignment before they are applied. Just a thought.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
You poor things, I remember similar posts when you built your dream home about the workers. I hope everything gets worked out for you.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Our appointment for the face lift is September 30th. We are hoping for the best this time around.

Bingo, that's an excellent idea about marking where the decal goes. All the decals on the sides went on straight (at least the ones that were changed out last time). It's only the front "MONTANA" that is crooked. I will suggest that the installer marks the position and checks--and double-checks--the position BEFORE applying the word this time. You can easily see the "shadow" where the old MONTANA came off (just like you can see where the swirl that came off under the front mountain scene had been . . . and wasn't replaced as it should have been).

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Wayne and Carolyn,
Hopefully they will get it right this time. You've had enough trauma! Take some pics and let us see how they do. Happy Trails, Dennis and Mary Kay.
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote