Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2006, 01:44 PM   #1
bardave
Established Member

M.O.C. #5894
Truck purchase and possible RV purchase

almost ordered a 07 F350 SRW, Diesel today.... still thinking.. saw where a couple folks talk about 2 and 4 inch sag in their new dually with a 3400 model and a 35?? model.... any other New Ford owners out there with problems like that....should I plan on putting air bags on the new Ford....or go with another truck..

still looking at 3 floor plans in the Montana.... the 3400 (most popular I hear)...but I prefer having two windows at bedside, near the head board...another one we like is the rear kitchen 3650 RK (hear problems with brokden dishes in a rear kitchen) and the third one we are looking at is the 3600RL ...but like the others it too has carpeting around bathroom sink... I think Montana need a woman on their design staff... not sure a women would have done that.
AND....the shower in every unit looks like it came from a cheap plastic factory out of China... so cheap looking and flimsy ...also a mold producer around that gap near the bottom.... the salesman told me I could put caulking around that gap at the bottom... why cant he do it? cant figure why Montana builds what appears to be such a nice coach and puts a cheap piece of crap like that in for a shower stall....makes me wonder what other corners they have cut. the shower stall may be a dealbreaker for us... Salesman also says he THINKS they could put in a new shower stall... sure dont want to hear I THINK they can do it.... any body having problems with their shower, i.e. leaking, mold, cleaning, falling apart etc.....

like some of your posters have stated..the RV sales store will prob forget my name after they get my money.... so I wnat every thing right to start with...

BTW I full timed in a motor home for three years, but never have pulled a 5vr... just dont want the heartburn with 5vr that I had with my motor home.

Dave
bardave is offline   Reply With Quote