Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #1
Frankrm

M.O.C. #22855
To Keep or buy a new RV?

My 2015 3850RL is paid for, so it didn’t take long to decide to keep it, after looking at and visiting many dealers. I decided to do a lot of upgrades that I had been putting off until I decided to buy or not. The one my wife loved the most was a new dometic 320 toilet but with a bedit added to it. (Luxe Bedit Neo 185) The bedit reduces toilet paper use by probably 99 per cent. The tires were upgraded and I put in a new black tank valve which was leaking. Future work will be removing carpet and one of the sofas in the living room, adding a small desk and two recliner type chairs. In the years to come, I think I’ll be switching to a residential refrigerator, which of course will require battery upgrade and solar. We recently got a Thousand Trails membership which will cut our RV Park cost. Full timing RV has been a joy and looks to continue for many years.
Attached Images

😎
Frankrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #2
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
sounds like us...we decided to keep the darn thing and upgraded to the I/S system.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:21 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We just kept upgrading and stealing new ideas until we saw a new floor plan we couldn't live without. Now the plan is again not to trade and I will be very surprised if we find another floor plan worth trading for.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Our first Montana was the 06 3400. We used it hard traveled many miles and lived in it at least 9 months of the year by 2013 it needed decals, tires again the frame was flexing for the third time. We got good deal on the 2013 3402 Big sky, G614 tires, 2nd bath, Mor ryde IS it is a much better RV.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:12 PM   #5
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
We are fairly happy with ours and constantly upgrading it BUT we are as always looking toward the next one! Its sort of a hobby of ours to look at the new floor plans LOL......

Having gone full time much earlier than we expected (for work), I can say that it was an eye opening experience. Things that were not particularly a big deal as a weekend warrior and now essential (like a large double vanity bathroom)!

We are looking to upgrade to either a custom New Horizon 5th wheel or a Class A diesel pusher. Then again think of all the money we could use for travel if we didn't upgrade to one of those options.........
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote