Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
Non Montana Owners And Rallies

In another thread, RVWHEELS posted: "The owner/administrator of this Forum has set the rules for membership. The general rule is that to be a member one needs to be a Montana Owner or seeking information regarding the Montana line of RVs. The current policy does not preclude a dealer or manufacturer from MOC membership."

Makes perfect sense. It is common knowledge that a number of members are former Montana owners. Also, in the thread talking about the spring rally in Texas, we have former Montana owners, who now own SOBs, attending the rally.

I don't have a problem with either, but would appreciate a clarification on the rule.

billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:15 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I have a strong feeling that this thread is a set up as it has been discussed before by a now locked out member. Why would we want to block the knowledge that a former Montana owner has. Many of the now SOBs have been members for a long time and have contributed much, very much, to the MOC. Their knowledge of RVing in general and of the Montana line is a valuable asset to the MOC. They are a part of our MOC family. Friendship does not care what brand of TV, RV you have, what color you are, what you look like, what sex you are or anything else. It finds you and it is not something you just throw away.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Good post Sue & Ed.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:53 AM   #4
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
I agree
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:44 AM   #5
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Partial quote from Parrothead
........what you look like, what sex you are or anything else......

...."mums the word", yep it is a setup!

Nice post and very true, Sue.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:45 AM   #6
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Well said Sue and Ed. Being a newer member I have learned many things from all the posters of this forum and do not want to see this site get into who's in and who's out because the rig you currently have. There are many other sites and forums that are open to all, but the info they provide is generic and not specific to my rig. I would hope that this was not a setup for a flaming.

See ya on the road!
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #7
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
The RVWheels statement came from the "Brad??" thread, because I had never before seen the 'rules for membership.'

I asked for clarification, that's all, it is certainly not a "set up." I don't know what a membership question has to do with a "set up" or what is supposed to be getting "set up."

I agree with the comments regarding knowledgeable poster now owning SOBs.
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I think the rule is as generic as it was intended. The part of the rule that provides the administrators of the forum and the organizers of Monty events is: "The general rule is that to be a member one needs to be a Montana Owner or seeking information regarding the Montana line of RVs." The key word is "needs". Notice the words "is required" or "shall be" were not used and therefore the MOC allows that exceptions to the rule might exist as long as they follow the positive presentation.

That's my opinion of things; to emphasize one is allowed to participate as long as they respect others by being a good citizen. Nothing wrong with disagreements as long as the discussion maintains respect.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Good post Sue & Ed we fully agree.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
As in many forums, contributors who act rudely or are just out to cause trouble (i.e. bashing the moderators or members or Montana because they like ***** brand better) are warned by the moderators to adjust their behavior or be banned from the forum. Some have listened. Some have not.

Personally, I have picked up many good ideas that I apply in my Montana from this site and even a few ideas from other sites. If my fellow MOC members might benefit from this ideas/solutions I share them. If they are specific to a different brand and not applicable to Montana's, well then I don't bother posting them here. Just common sense and common courtesy.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #11
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Great post, Sue and Ed. A good idea is a good idea, no matter from where it comes. I would MISS our SOB members! They are valued friends, and we can never have too many friends.
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If I recall, when this was discussed previously it was said former Montana owners who are now SOB can remain members at the discretion of the administrators. I guess that means so long as they continue being "good" members and don't start touting their brand they are welcome to stay. I hope it remains that way. Several of our very good friends have moved on to other brands and I'd sure hate to see them lose membership privileges.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:39 AM   #13
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Quote:
quote: Several of our very good friends have moved on to other brands and I'd sure hate to see them lose membership privileges.

Me too...

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:49 AM   #14
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
As a good friend of many on the forum and a former Montana owner who changed to an SOB only out of necessity, I would hate to have to give up my membership in this great community.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:20 AM   #15
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

Quote:
quote: Several of our very good friends have moved on to other brands and I'd sure hate to see them lose membership privileges.

Me too...

Helen
Ditto.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:22 AM   #16
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Just checking in to say we are still active on the forum, have some very good friends here, and still have a high opinion of the Montana line. Still feel welcome here.

We are back home after a two week trip to Colorado: Raton Pass NM, Cheyenne Mountain State Park, Arrowhead Point in Buena Vista, Tall Texan in Gunnison, KOA in Clayton NM, and Wichita Falls RV Park.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:27 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We know of no one who has NEVER been a Montana Division owner joining this forum.Don't know why the would want to.The Mission Statement is on the second topic of the forum page..."This includes our MISSION STATEMENT Please click on the link above and read the information BEFORE you register for MOC! " We joined a year before we became Montana Owners but that is within the Mission Statement. Remember..this is a privately owned forum and who may or may not be members and under what circumstances is entirely their call. We have no problem with previous Montana division owners remaining on the forum if they so choose and stay within the mission statement.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #18
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Remember..this is a privately owned forum and who may or may not be members and under what circumstances is entirely their call.
Guess that statement pretty well hits the nail on the head.

WE also have benefited immensely from the knowledge and friendship of the many SOB and former Montana owners and would hate to see them leave the MOC family, but we also realize that is not our call!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #19
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I don't have any problem with former Montana owners remaining part of the forum as long as they have valid information to contribute and not just general chit-chat. It would seem like those who presently own Montanas would have more valuable information to give. This is not to say that former Montana owners don't have valuable information, it's just that if you presently own a Montana your information would seem to me to be more up to date.

Having said that, please don't think that I'm rapping those who own SOBs and are still members of the MOC.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I remember members who had never owned a Montana but joined so they could research the brand. Some bought Montanas and stayed. Some bought and left. Others bought something else and left. I need to find the mission statement to check but I think it says the forum is for owners and prospective owners or something like that.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote