Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2019, 09:50 AM   #1
capras801
Established Member

M.O.C. #20459
solar install

Considering having Northern Arizona Wind & Sun of Flagstaff, Az for a purchase of solar and installation of same. I'm inquiring for any comments or reviews of this company?

capras801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:00 PM   #2
JamesD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10843
Haven't dealt with them personally, but if the info on their website is any indication, they should know what they are doing.

You should look at the DIY info on their site to give you an idea of what you want in advance. Run their off grid solar load calculator to see much solar you'll need, then speak with them about it to see what they recommend. Make sure you fill out the minutes & hours info for what you plan to power. The installer might want to redo the numbers after asking you some questions, so consider that calculator a starting point.

If you are installing a small system, make sure to charge controller you get isn't maxed out with the number of panels you are buying, just in case you decide you need more.

If you ever plan on adding over 200 watts, I suggest going to at least 24 volts for the battery bank, which also means you'll need a step down converter to run the standard DC stuff. Just remember, if you plan on switching to a higher voltage in the future, it's better to just buy the right components the first time around than having to do it all over again.
JamesD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:23 PM   #3
JamesD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10843
Oops... turns out that's where I bought my solar kit from.
The kit was missing a few small pieces (connectors), but that's my only complaint.
JamesD is offline   Reply With Quote