Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2019, 07:48 AM   #1
rbracing60

M.O.C. #18273
Send a message via AIM to rbracing60
outlet for inverter

Looking for some information. I have a 2016 3721rl Montana and have lost power to the outlet that supplies 120v to the inverter. I have traced it back through the storage bay and it re-inters the rv under the floor of the bathroom, that is where I loose it. Does anyone know where the power is fed from. I have checked all breakers and the one gfci breaker I can find. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

rbracing60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:38 AM   #2
Former StClairSailor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17151
Perhaps you are mis-naming the inverter. The inverter changes DC to AC. The converter changes AC to DC.

In the Montanas, the converter changes 120 volts AC to 12 volts DC. 120 volts AC comes directly from your power pole in the campground to your power panel and the AC fuses.

The inverter takes the 12 volts DC from your battery and converts it to 120 volts AC to power your TVs, Residential Refrigerator, etc.

With that information, which are you having issues with?
Best Regards,

John & Laura___& Bentley
2017 Montana 3950BR
2015 GMC Sierra Denali Dually
Former StClairSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #3
66 Galaxie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24885
The 12v supply for the inverter comes from your batteries. There is a disconnect on the wall in the front of the FW, behind the batteries, that shuts off the DC power. This is a seperate disconnect from the one that cuts power from the battery to your 12v loads.

The AC power is usually labeled "Inverter" on one of the AC breakers. It will be a 15a breaker. The power should come out of you distribution panel and go directly to the inverter transfer switch located under the bathroom. From there it will go to the outlet the residential fridge is plugged into.
66 Galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 05:05 PM   #4
rbracing60

M.O.C. #18273
Send a message via AIM to rbracing60
Thanks for the responses, yes I know the difference between a converter and an inverter, and how they operate. My inverter has a pass thru function that passes 120v from shore power to the residential fridge. The 120v supply is what is missing. Again I have traced it back through the pass thru storage to the opposite side and it goes back in to the rv beneath the bathroom floor, beyond that I am unable to trace it( don't want to tear up the bathroom floor trying to find out where it is being supplied from). I thought it might be on a gfci circuit but nothing else in the rv is effected. None of the breakers in my unit are marked as inverter, and none are tripped( have also reset all breakers). If anyone else has a clue or a thought please help. Thanks
rbracing60 is offline   Reply With Quote