Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Montana 3721

Hello once again to everyone. It's been awhile since I posted on here but I have a question I am sure will get answered on this forum. My question what are the thoughts of the 2015 3720 model? We were inside one today as we may be in the market to buy another RV. The 3720 looks like a good floor plan.

What are the thoughts here on this unit? And any problems that have come about from owners or previous owners?

Dave

Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:04 PM   #2
jasonreaume
Established Member

M.O.C. #17160
Our 2016 3721 is off the factory line this wed and we will hopefully have it the first week of may. We love that layout, we fulltime and the hallway with the washer dryer closet makes perfect sense to us. you dont give up any front closet space or have to move your hanging items just to open the door to the washer dryer.
jasonreaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:58 AM   #3
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
I agree with the closet space. This one is a 2015 and have no idea if there is much change in design. Will look into that one. I had a 2007 3400 at one time and really liked everything about it, except the bathroom layout.

Good luck on getting the new unit and hope the PDI goes reasonably. My guess is there will be issues as always, no matter what brand you have.

Dave
Old 04-19-2015, 05:55 AM   #4
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
Every floor plan has pluses and minuses, therefore; what "one" considers important in their RV'ing experience, "another" doesn't. I happen to like the the floor plan of the 3720/21 mainly because of the accessibility of that side hallway closet, plus having a pantry/closet near the entryway door is very practical, especially for hanging a jacket or placing a pair of shoes. Other things, we're not so crazy about. We spend over 5 months wintering in our 3625RE and love the fact that ours has so many living room and kitchen storage cabinets, in addition, we have an extra cabinet in the bathroom for towels, hairdryers, etc., plus, and most importantly; we have one of the largest kitchen counter spaces of all Montana's lines. All of the aforementioned amenities, plus many others were, and still are, important to us, yet they're not part of the 3720/21 floor plan, but again, it's what's important to you, not us. Since Montana no longer makes the 3625, we'll have to find another floor plan when the time comes to replace ours, so we'll look very hard at a new 3721, with the residential refrigerator. I think the main issue I have with the 3720/21 is the kitchen island, as least according to what I've seen in the past and what Montana has on their current website. They may have just recently changed this and not updated their website, but the base cabinet under the pointed end of the kitchen island was practically useless except to provide support for the V shaped counter top, which was also useless. If you look at SOB's with a similar floor plan as the 3720/21, that cabinet base is squared and the counter top is also squared on both ends making it practical, plus the island and counter top, as a whole, are larger, adding more counter top space. If they've changed that, great, there certainly was room. I had talked to one factory rep at the Tampa show that indicated, Keystone was considering changing the configuration of the stairs in the 3720/21, and add something. He wasn't absolutely sure what. He also agreed that the point of the counter top and base cabinet was useless, and may see a potential change there too. Otherwise, I think you'll be very happy with your new Montana and floor plan. As I've always mentioned before, it's a great value for the dollar and our Montana has held up incredibly well. Congratulations on your choice!
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:49 AM   #5
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Woodman thanks for your opinion and thoughts. And I agree what fits one doesn't fit another. After going thru the unit yesterday my guess is that they shaped that counter like that to accommodate the refrigerator door opening while the unit is closed up. Being a double door fridge and being able to open the door is a plus to many. I for one wouldn't like a unit that I can't get to the fridge while traveling. But if they didn't accommodate that island and squared it off to be more useful, you could still open one side of the double door fridge while closed up which would be okay with me to get the counter space. But that's just me.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:59 AM   #6
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
I guess I didn't realize that the 3720-21 was a fairly new unit. So there isn't a lot of feedback that's going to happen here. Still looking, and so far its our top one that we like. Sure going to miss the desk like we had in our 2007 3400, and our other SOB. No one makes that anymore. To bad because I know of a lot of people that would buy in a flash if that option was once again available. Lot of your long timers and fulltimers like that option.

Dave
Old 04-20-2015, 07:57 AM   #7
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
We have the 3725 which is the predecessor of the 3720. We love this floor plan a lot!! The hallway closet for the washer & dryer is GREAT because, as you mentioned, you don't lose any closet space up front in the bedroom. As for the small wedge shaped cabinet on the end of the island, it is a great place to store the vacuum hose and accessories. They fit in there perfectly! There is so much storage space that a few of the cabinets we have are empty and we are Full Timers. We feel that this is the Best floor plan Montana offers.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 02:52 PM   #8
Phabask
Established Member

M.O.C. #13855
We have the early 3700(2013), and looked at the 3721 with the residential fridge, and the larger bath room, did like the kitchen island, like having the washer dryer in the hall way.
Phabask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:38 AM   #9
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
No comment on a floor plan, jut a thought. The '16's are out. The '15 you are considering is a model year old and the depreciation that goes with a year old model is there.

When we bought our '14 3150RL in 5/13, it was priced less than a '13 at several dealers we shopped at. And yes, it had all the options so we were comparing apples to apples.

If the '15 floor plan works for you, buy it, with the knowledge you are buying a year old product and it should be priced accordingly.

Jim

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:14 AM   #10
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We love, love our current early 2015 3610 but of course they have moved the washer/dryer now to the bedroom mid way during the year. If we were to buy faced with these current design changes we would definitely spring for the 3721 which we know from looking at all the similarities plus the hall washer/dryer install it will be a winner with you as well. Yes we would opt also for the residential fridge.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote