Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #1
01RAMer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7316
Furnace Blower Runs on Power-up

This has never happened to me before but when I turn on the disconnect this year, the furnace blower motor starts up. I checked the thermostat and it is set to AC. After clicking through the settings on the thermostat, the furnace blower stops. I turned the thermostat switch off and back on and it didn't make a difference. So far every time I use the disconnect this year, the blower comes on. It eventually stops on its own if let go. Has anyone had this issue? Tks!

01RAMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
gitrdun
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4075
Yes i did. Got rid of the remote control and installed new thermostat. problem solved.
gitrdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:40 AM   #3
01RAMer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7316
Thanks for the response. Mine is an 07 which is pre-remote. I noticed yesterday that it ran till I plugged the rig into shore power (or maybe it just timed out). It never did this in the past but just started this year. Still perplexed as to why it is doing this. Any help would be appreciated!
01RAMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:33 AM   #4
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Not sure I can help but here are a couple of thoughts.

When you are not plugged into AC and the battery disconnect is off you have no 12V to the furnace control board. When you plug in to AC the control board will receive 12V from the converter as it would if you were not plugged in and turned the disconnect on.

If there is somehow a call for heat from the thermostat and the control board receives 12V from either source it will try to light, the fan will come on, the valve will open and if the furnace does not light the furnace will try to start a few times then will shut off, this shuts off the fan and if you could see the LED on the furnace control board you would likely see an error code.

I assume your propane may have been turned off when you plugged in or turned on the disconnect, if that is the case the furnace would not light and the condition above would exist. You might try turning on the propane and light the stove to make sure propane is going through the system then try turning on the disconnect, if the furnace lights then it's control board must be receiving a call for heat from the thermostat.

Since I don't know how your thermostat works I cannot advise on it's settings, but you could disconnect the thermostat and see if the furnace fan still comes on when you turn on the disconnect. If it does not, then that would indicate either a problem with the thermostat settings or the thermostat itself. If it does come on then I would suspect the control board on the furnace.

I hope this might help in determining the problem.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote