Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Sad Day!

Today was a very sad day for my wife and myself. This morning we had to put to rest our wonderful Yellow Lab Rosie. Rosie was such a friendly dog just as is her Chocolate littlermate Maggie.
Rest in Peace our Beautiful Rosie,Mom and Dad Love you!
Jack and Terry

jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Jack and Terry, SO sorry to hear of Rosie's passing. Take solace in the fact she will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge!!!!!!

Phil & Cathy
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Jack and Terry, we are sorry to hear of your loss of Rosie. We will miss seeing you two walking her.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Many of us who love our fur kids get some peace from the

Rainbow Bridge Poem

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

(From http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm )
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Jack and Terry,
We are so sad to learn of Rosie's passing. As sad as it for those left behind you know she is now pain free.

Thank you Carol for the Rainbow Bridge poem. I tear up every time I read it.

Thank you Jack and Terry for sharing Rosie with us even if it was such a short time.
Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Rosie let me be her friend, and I'll miss her, too. What responsibilities we have to our friends deepens the loss when they leave us.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Thanks everyone! I didn't think a big,fat mean old man could cry so much,she would stick to me like glue,even at the very end she laid hear head across my arm and went to sleep.
Jack
Old 09-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #8
PatnRich
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1250
We're sorry for your loss. They truely become part of your family.
PatnRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:59 AM   #9
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We are so sorry for your loss. We understand how these puppies climb into our hearts and never let go.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:09 AM   #10
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Our hearts are saddened by your loss.....losing a loved one is always difficult and we are sending our prayers to Rosie and you.

Betty and Paul and our fur kids.................
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:55 AM   #11
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We know from experience how difficult times like this can be. We have lost our Jack Russel and our Border Collie within the last year.

Ray and Janet
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:44 AM   #12
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
Jack and Terry,
Having a pet depart is not an easy thing. We all hope they will live to old age. But sometimes we have to decide for them. I
believe that they do not want to go. They want to stay with their human as lond as they can. They trust you to do what is best. I have been down this road a few times. It's not easy. Days will get better. I am sure Maggie is missing her too. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #13
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
Hi,

So sorry to hear about your dog. We too lost our yellow lab Walt two weeks ago. He was one camping fool. It was very hard the next time we took off in the trailer, but another will find you and latch on as they always do.
sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:52 AM   #14
Debbie Asher
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6167
I'm so sorry about the passing of Rosie. I hope Maggie is doing well I know she will miss rosie.
Debbie Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #15
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Jack and Terry, we are saddened by your loss. I too cried the last two times that I had to put our dogs down. That is the reason that we don't have another dog yet (just Baxter). Kathy just doesn't want to go through that again.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #16
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Every time I hear of someone losing a beloved companion it reminds me of the wonderful animals that have enriched my life and meant so much to me. I'm a better person for having them in my life. I suspect that it's the same for you. I'm sorry for your loss. The pain will lessen but your heart will be incomplete with them gone. Remember the unconditional love you received and hold it in your heart as an example to live your life by. They teach us so many things ...
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #17
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Sorry to hear of your loss. We had the pleasure of having a big yellow dog in our life and he is missed. It is painful - they just are with us for too short of time.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #18
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Sorry for the loss of your furry friend. We have lost of few pets and the pain never goes away. Our thoughts go with you.
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:04 AM   #19
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Thanks to everyone again for your wonderful replies,Rosie's sister Maggie is sticking to us like glue. She won't sleep in her kennel any more without the door left open and now eats only
one meal a day instead of two,maybe it'll help keep her weight down a little.
Hopefully Terry,Maggie and I will see some of you at the rallies again!
Jack and Terry