Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Dale, Where are you???

I spoke with Dale Brubaker at the rally and chatted with him off line but haven't heard from him for a while. Has anyone heard how he's doing. Seems kind of odd that he hasn't been around for almost a month. I hope everything is going OK for him.

Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:59 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I had wondered about Dale, too, Ron. Wasn't he changing jobs or something? Hope all is well.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
I too have been wondering where he is. He did mention that he was hoping to get a job at Keystone. We miss you Dale
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:43 PM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We also been wondering about him. We talked to him too, at the rally. He checked our slide too.
Hope he is OK.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:09 PM   #5
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Hello, everybody. I've been here, browsing thru threads and such as I've always done. Just haven't had anything post.......until now.

The last month has been kind of a roller coaster. I did suddenly and unexpectedly switch jobs. Such is life when you work for a supplier of the rv industry. It is either feast or famine. I was released from Lippert, due to cost reductions and temporary down sizing. However, the following day when a divison of a major manufacturer found out I was jobless, I immediately began getting phone calls.

In the mean time, I went to Keystone and they showed positive interest. They requested me to fill out an application and I went thru an interveiw but things didn't go the way I was hoping. I was hoping they would call but, they didn't. Perhaps some day they will. So, I had to go where the money is.

I am now a Warranty Rep for the Cherokee Division of Forest River. At one point during the interview process, I was asked if I had an RV. Naturally, I responded in the affirmative and naturally they asked "What kind"? When I told them, they responded by saying "You need to bring it in so we can change the decals at no charge"! I imediately said "That won't happen"! Then they were chuckling, I wasn't.

However, it is going well and they are treating me good. They are good people! For now, I am one of you folks and still intend to share my knowledge as I remember it, with all of you and future members of this club.

In my present position, I do have the capability to stay on top of slide out issues and changing technology simply by walking over to the Cedar Creek plant and looking at something if I don't have the answer to someone's questions. And I say that because, Montana and Cedar Creek have always used the same components, along with 70% of the other manufactures across the country.

Gail and I hoping we will cross paths with all of you folks in the future, on the road and at rallies. That is it pretty much in a nutshell.

May all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year! And...... remember, keep the dirty sides down, and between the lines!

Stay safe,
Dale, Gail and Baxter

MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:53 AM   #6
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Dale - a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Taking care of family comes first. But I do appreciate your loyality to this group and your willingness to help those of use you doesn't know a screw from a bolt.
Lipparts loss is Forest River's gain.
Good luck and Best wishes to you and Gail. I hope we meet again at the next rally.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:46 AM   #7
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Dale,

You helped me almost a year ago and I've still not forgotten that. It was great having an "insider" who could help but it sounds as if that won't change much. I wish you would have gotten that job at Keystone, that would have been great for all, but maybe that will work out too one day. I'm glad everything is on track for you now and I wish you and your family a very merry Christmas!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:04 AM   #8
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
All the best Dale, you are one special guy and Lippert really lost a great employee. You have been and will continue to be one of the MOC!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:17 AM   #9
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Dale, we are real glad to see you're still around! Family comes first and then you have another family caring about you also. You have to find security in your career and I'm sure Forest River has given you that. Now if Keystone is truely watching this forum, maybe they will notice they passed up a great bit of knowledge and give you a call in the future! No matter where you work, you and Gale(and Baxter) will always be a part of our family.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:34 AM   #10
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Dale, from your first post, your contributions have been a breath of fresh air from the industry: honest, straightforward, and always helpful. We are glad things worked out for another good job and especially that you will remain a valued member of this "forum family."
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:49 AM   #11
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Dale, I'm glad your alright and good to see you are still here and still working in the RV industry. Your knowledge will be with you forever where ever you plant your feet in the mornings.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Dale,

In my opinion Lippert and Keystone have both made a huge mistake in letting an employee of your character slip away. I hope Forest River treats you well and you are satisfied with the opportunity.

Don
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:14 PM   #13
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Good luck Dale in your new job. You know you are always welcome here and we value your knowledge. We look forward to your future posts.
Myrna and Bob
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:44 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dale, I hope you will stick around MOC. You are a very valued member. I'm glad the job situation is working out for you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:25 PM   #15
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
What a time of the year to go through a job change. I am glad it looks like things have worked out okay for you. I don't mean this to be unappreciative or taken wrong, however, Dale, if we should have to contact Lippert, who would you recommend we contact and do you have their number?
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:21 AM   #16
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Dale, Good luck to you with your new adventure. Everything happens for a reason. Besides, doesn't it kind of boring going to the same place everyday everyday everyday...? Glad you are part of the Moc family. We won't let you go.

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:17 PM   #17
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
You folks are way too kind! I appreciate the words of encouragement. Trust me, I AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE! However, it is obvious you never know what the future is going to bring. Like I said, being in the manufacturing side of the RV industry is always exilerating.

As far as your contacts, that would be Van or Amanda. I don't recall their extension numbers but, they would still be at the same toll free number.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:06 PM   #18
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Dale you've helped so many of us and we are all grateful. Lippert's loss is Forest Rivers gain. Look forward to your future posts on the forum.

tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #19
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Good luck on your new work location Dale, have a very Happy Christmas, and New Year.
Were they serious about changing the decals on your 5er?

Thanks for all the help you gave me when I needed it.
and who is the person that we can call that took your place.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:18 PM   #20
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dale,
Sorry to hear things did not work out the way you had hoped. Amazing how life usually has a way of working things out. I hope your new position provides some great opportunities for you in the months ahead. Hey, does this mean you are now the "inside" guy for all the info on the Cedar Creek Daydreamer??? =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote