Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > Camping Clubs within MOC
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2004, 03:22 AM   #21
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I agree it's time to get a Florida Rally Forum setup. It's starting to sound like we may have a lot of people interested in something happening around the RV show and more.

Like I stated in an earlier post, for those not be already camped in the area, I will call some of the campgrounds I am familar with in the area to see if maybe we can get a special rate etc. As soon as I get any information I think our new Florida Rally Forum would be a great place to post it.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida

Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:44 AM   #22
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I have sent an email to Lady RV requesting a Florida forum
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 03:47 AM   #23
Montana_2228

M.O.C. #2228
I would be interested in helping organize a club in the Dakota's and Minn. MinnDak? Anyone out there or are you all down south for the winter? If we could get 15-20 that are interested we could do monthly gatherings over the summer. Bounders have such an organization. Members volunteer for month, research and line up a location so it gives everyone a chance to be close to an event over the summer. Anyone interested?
Montana_2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:35 AM   #24
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
[quote]Originally posted by dennyc

I would be interested in helping organize a club in the Dakota's and Minn. MinnDak? Anyone out there or are you all down south for the
---------------------

Yes-- dennyc--

Its a busy time for us the next spring and summer but would like to support your idea for a club in this 3 or 4 or 5 state area. Put me on your list as you sign up recruits. See my profile foe email address.
Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:45 AM   #25
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
[quote]Originally posted by dennyc

I would be interested in helping organize a club in the Dakota's and Minn. MinnDak? Anyone out there or are you all down south for -------------------------

Yes,

Lets hear more. As you get something going.]
Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:30 AM   #26
jars
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1529
It's seems to me MOC is going in all directions clubs every where. We need to settle down and come to an organized concclusion.

jars
Richard E. Smith
jars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jars

It's seems to me MOC is going in all directions clubs every where. We need to settle down and come to an organized concclusion.

jars
Richard E. Smith
Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting your thoughts on this. The regional and subchapter discussions probably look like a fracturing of the club, at first blush. But in this case I think it's a little different. What is happening is we had our first annual rally in late September, in Indiana. Many of us realized it's not possible for everyone to travel a long ways to a rally nor to always get vacation, etc.

So, what's happening is some folks in a geographical area are wanting to get together in a mini-rally, to meet each other and enjoy the comraderie, etc. I don't think any of them are looking to split off from MOC but rather to augment the club through regional chapters or whatever they are called.

Vicki and I see it as an offshoot of the enthusiasm of this club. I'm not an Admin in MOC but from posts I've seen from Admins I think they welcome this activity.

I hope I'm not coming across as beating on you, that's not my intent. I just wanted to explain that what might look like fracturing is actually an offshoot of the enthusiasm and warm feelings we see in MOC.

As fulltimers we will watch for times when we're close enough to attend some of these regional get-togethers as we really enjoy the people in this group. I hope what I'm saying makes some sense instead of just muddying things up.

Thank you for expressing your thoughts. THAT is what this group is all about.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:40 PM   #28
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Steve: Very well said....that is exactly what all of this is actually about. It is definitely an "offshoot" of enthusiasm generated at our awesome MOC rally in Indiana.
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:29 PM   #29
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
It is my understanding that the administrators of MOC completely support and encourage the formation of local MOC chapters. I thought I read this in some post here on the Forum. Like Marshall I believe the organizing of more local clubs is a direct result of the great MOC Rally this past September.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:41 AM   #30
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Just as a reassuring word to those who might be worried about our group splitting or the national rally being overshadowed by local club events. Probably won't happen. Our experience with the Roadtrek group was that the local clubs enjoyed their outings together, posting them in advance so anyone who wanted could attend and then reporting in on their success after the fact. Plans always revolved around the timing of national gatherings which were coordinated with FMCA events. Other groups (such as the Airstream group) do similar things. My sense is that we are trying to head in the same sort of direction. We aren't really inventing the wheel--just perfecting our own version! So we'll need input from everyone on organization and development. Pretty exciting times!!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 03:26 PM   #31
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
We have been active in another brand club (and still are, we're now S.O.B.s [Some Other Brand]), and we will probably be part of a Good Sam 5ers group. We would be willing to coordinate an outing. Anybody here in Southern California can e-mail us at bill-hill@sbcglobal.net and we can start kicking around ideas as to when and where.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 11:32 AM   #32
chub
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #610
I think your idea sounds good.We have a small RV club here in middle Tn. I would like to join a local MOC.
chub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 02:27 PM   #33
Montana_2205
Established Member

M.O.C. #2205
Hello chub ! We've been wondering if there were any other Montana owners in Coffee Co. We see Montanas on I24 all the time. We saw 3 today. Were any of you MOC members near Manchester Tennessee on I24 today? We saw one pulling out of the KOA about 1 pm.

I've been looking at the local clubs mentioned and was wishing there would be one a little closer than Michigan, Virginia or Florida. Maybe this will be the start of one!

Cindy
Montana_2205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:32 PM   #34
Montana_1574
Established Member

M.O.C. #1574
HI JEFF, WE'RE ACROSS THE RIVER IN ROCKLEDGE, OURSELVES AND OUR NEIGHBOR ARE FULL TIME IN OUT MONTANAS. SO THERES THREE FOR BREVARD COUNTY, LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.............T
Montana_1574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:04 AM   #35
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We're here in middle Alabama, close to Tennesse and would love info on a club close to us. Tennessee is close to our heart.....we have a grandson in Brentwood. Makes Tennessee seem real close.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote