Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2005, 04:26 AM   #1
Montana_354
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #354
Regretfully...

Well, I guess we've put off the inevitable long enough. I'm hoping to list our Montana 3295RK tonight, but when looking at the Kelley Blue Book for RVs realize it's asking about options/equipment that I'm not really familiar with. Ours is in storage, but was wondering if there's anyone who owns one (maybe someone living in theirs) who could possibly email me and answer a handful of questions regarding sizes of slides, how I can tell if our AC is ducted or not, etc. Also, they don't offer the option of fireplaces on the Kelley site and I was wondering if anyone could make any suggestions on what to add for this. Funny, I did NOT want the fireplace when we first looked at it and it's one of the biggest things I'm going to miss.

If it helps we have the 'Value package' and the 'Moving to Montana' packages on this. I also don't see any mention of wash & dryer prep w/50 amp service so I guess that's not an upgrade or is it?

If we have two batteries would one be considered an auxiliary battery?

Well, I'd really appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Have a wonderful day,
Kalamity & Bob
2elkrunning@msn.com

Montana_354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:50 AM   #2
Montana_883
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #883
I am sure this was hard for you to make this decision, lots of luck it the future. I have the same year and unit you have, I'm sure your A/C unit is ducted, you can tell by the round vents in the bedroom and dinning areas.
All of my options and add ons are listed on my contract, this is a good place to see what they included with your unit.
Montana_883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 05:00 AM   #3
Montana_354
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #354
Thanks, we've been able to find out about the batteries, but our contract didn't list things like size of awnings, slides, whether or not we have cabinet upgrades (ours are very nice & solid so maybe we do??)or whether or not plank flooring (kitchen) is an upgrade or not.

Would you call your microwave a 'microwave' or a 'microwave/hood vent?

Any idea what size your furnice is?

Thank you for your time,
Kalamity
Old 03-07-2005, 05:23 AM   #4
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Kalamity,
Perhaps if you contact Keystone and give them your VIN# they will have a record of the options your unit was equipped with at production.

Sorry to hear that you have to sell it, but I guess we all have to make the decision eventually.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:44 AM   #5
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
As far as asking price, you might be better off just searching the web for similar year and model. I have not found the kelly blue book too useful for RV pricing.
mazeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:04 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I did a little investigating of prices on sites I know about. I saw a 2003 Big Sky 3280 for 39,900 and a 2003 Big Sky 3670 for 44,900. On another site I saw a 2002 2950 for 26,000. The dealer I use has a 2955 Montana for 31,990 (marked down from 39,900).

My thought is that you have many of the upgrades standard for the Big Sky, you might want to take the Big Sky pricing as a guideline. But I am no expert. I bought a pre-enjoyed unit as you see. Mine was priced to move and forsale by owner. It had many upgrades, such as additional A/C, washer/dryer stacked unit, and around $2,000.00 worth of additional niceties.

Since you must sell, I hope you get a buyer soon.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:46 AM   #7
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
You might want to go to www.nada.com to check prices. My wife and I are looking at a 2003 3295, and I went to that site to check and the low price there—with no options checked—is approximately 29000 and change. The one we are looking at from the couple who bought it new is 28k, but the closest dealer has one on consignment for 35000, which seems to hit about average range.

Hope that helps.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:12 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Kalamity, sorry to hear you are having to sell. We have the same year and model as yours. The A/C is ducted. If not ducted, ALL A/C airflow would come from the single ceiling unit just below the rooftop unit. Yours and ours also has air coming out of vents in the various rooms. Thus it's ducted.

I've heard the www.nadaguides.com site is more accurate than the Kelly site but I really don't know if that's correct. So I guess I'd get numbers from both and also do the web search Mike suggested.

The order sheet for our 2003 3295RK shows the fireplace as a $1300 dollar option.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #9
Montana_354
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #354
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I'm dragging my feet it seems, but will hit some of the sites suggested and at least get some sites bookmarked for placing it. Boy, it's like selling one of our own kids only Monty doesn't talk back. lol
Kalamity
Old 03-07-2005, 03:15 PM   #10
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Your hooded vent if it is the same as ours it is under the mirco-wave. with a light & vent fan vented to the outside.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote